ok i cant decide between the framus cobra or mesa rectifier iv narrowed it down from loads of amps to get to these two so here we are what does everyone think i have tried both n i like both so just want peoples opinion on stuff not just u need to try them urself nnot ask us because i have tried them
the framus cobra is a hell of amp eh? I really like it, and 1000 euros less than a mesa
TH3 G3Ar
- JCM 900 SL-X and SV MKII 100HD with LIne 6 sv412
-Bunch of pedals ( WD,BM,NR-2...)
-Ibanez Universe uv777pbk,Rg 2550&321mh
-http://backtorlyeh.bandcamp.com/
Apples and Oranges really. Both built well, both high quality amlpifiers. Mesa might be way overpriced where you are located though. I know it is where I live.
WTLTL 2011
Framus
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by samlocke14
they are both high end beasts but my vote goes for the framus. i just dont like the rectifier sound.

Same thing here.

Sounds so tinny, makes me wonder why Mesas are so well-liked. I like their cabs, that's about it.

Framus all the way.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
Quote by ZeroCS
Sounds so tinny, makes me wonder why Mesas are so well-liked.

Odds are that you are talking about the recto series....in which case you obviously don't know how to dial one in...or you have never played through one. a triple rec produces some of the thickest tone I have ever heard.....

The Framus is a beast of an amp....however IMHO, both can sound really good, and both can sound really bad....its a matter of spending time with them and learning to dial them in properly. They are different sounding amps for sure though.
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.
Last edited by Brendan.Clace at Sep 16, 2009,
People try to dial Mesa amps in like a normal amp. Read the manual, it makes a world of difference.
Quote by Adrian89
the framus cobra is a hell of amp eh? I really like it, and 1000 euros less than a mesa

wish cobras were that much cheaper than rectos in the US. CL is full of rectos, single, double, triple, usually $1200 and down.
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by miketheslut
wish cobras were that much cheaper than rectos in the US. CL is full of rectos, single, double, triple, usually $1200 and down.

Other way around here. Mesas rund 2.5k to 3k and the framus is 1.8k
WTLTL 2011
Quote by Mark G
Other way around here. Mesas rund 2.5k to 3k and the framus is 1.8k

Exactly.

Honestly TS, if you like both equally, pick the one that's cheaper. Or looks nicer to you.

I usually don't recommend Framus amps outside of Europe or Mesa amps outside of the US - just too damn expensive, considering the locally produced alternatives.
Quote by Mark G
Apples and Oranges really. Both built well, both high quality amlpifiers. Mesa might be way overpriced where you are located though. I know it is where I live.

Actually, Framuses are built noticeably worse than a Recto... but they sound better IMO

Quote by miketheslut

Cobras regularly sell for ~$1100-1400 on Harmony-Central.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
hey all you guys cheers for all the replys iv had a day where i went into my local music shop and played both amps through the cab i actualy have and spent about half an hour to an hour on each one trying to dial in a tone and u know what i dont really like either but what i am doing is going back to what i know which is ENGL i ****ing love them i have one atm and love it so im gonna get another one cheers for all the help tho