Page 1 of 3
What are some of the best stretches of consecutive songs on albums? I'm thinking like 4 or 5 song stretches.

A couple I thought of:

Da Mystery of Chessboxin ---> Wu Tang Clan Ain't Nothing to **** Wit ---> CREAM ---> Method Man ---> Protect Ya Neck (Wu Tang Clan - 36 Chambers)
I Want Wind to Blow ---> The Glow Pt. 2 ---> The Moon ---> Headless Horseman (The Microphones - The Glow Pt. 2)
Teenage Riot ---> Silver Rocket ---> The Sprawl ---> Cross the Breeze (Sonic Youth - Daydream Nation)
Debaser ---> Tame ---> Wave of Mutilation ---> I Bleed ---> Here Comes Your Man (The Pixies - Doolittle)
NY State of Mind ---> Life's a Bitch ---> The World Is Yours ---> Halftime (Nas - Illmatic)
Black Dog ---> Rock and Roll ---> The Battle of Evermore ---> Stairway to Heaven (Led Zeppelin - IV)
Untitled ---> Obstacle 1 ---> NYC ---> PDA (Interpol - Turn on the Bright Lights)
Race for the Prize ---> A Spoonful Weighs a Ton ---> The Spark That Bled ---> The Spiderbite Song ---> Buggin (The Flaming Lips - Soft Bulletin)
The Lung ---> Raisans ---> Tarpit ----> In a Jar (Dinosaur Jr. - You're Living All Over Me)
Someday ---> Alone Together ---> Last Nite ---> Hard to Explain (The Strokes - Is This It?)
Sowing Season ---> Millstone ---> Jesus Christ ---> Degausser (Brand New - The Devil and God Are Raging Inside Me)
Rogybiv ---> Rue the Whirl ---> Aquarius ---> Olson ---> Pete Standing Alone ---> Smokes Quantity (Boards of Canada - Music Has the Right to Children)
Jesus Etc. ---> Ashes of American Flags ---> Heavy Metal Drummer ---> I'm the Man Who Loves You (Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot)
Oxford Comma ---> A Punk ---> Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa ---> M79 (Vampire Weekend - Vampire Weekend)
Born Under Punches ---> Crosseyed and Painless ---> The Great Curve ---> Once In a Lifetime (Talking Heads - Remain In Light)
you do make a whole lot of shit threads, don't you
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Wait, do you mean like BtBaM-Colors kinda thing?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.

grow a sense of humour
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

Yeah, it's hilarious to troll for a response from someone whose balls you obviously want in your mouth.

Quote by splamron
Wait, do you mean like BtBaM-Colors kinda thing?

No, I'm mean like a 4-5 song stretch that is so good, you never skip through the songs when you play the album, or just a really good string of songs that you like.
I have many full albums of songs where I never ever skip a song.

Actually, Unless I only like one or two songs by a band, I never skip songs...
Oh, I get it now, my mistake.

Still, my answer is BtBam Colors though.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by RinestoneCowboy
Yeah, it's hilarious to troll for a response from someone whose balls you obviously want in your mouth.

so commenting on your crap threads makes me suddenly homosexual for you...

ok...
Quote by UraniYum

Quote by Cb4rabid

Quote by splamron

+19876500
great album
Woot! New Zealand...
Anytime I listen to Elect the Dead by Serj Tankian, I NEVER skip one song. Screw 4-5 songs, all 12 songs on that album are great.
Hold the Heathen hammer high!
King's X - Faith Hope Love
Death - Symbolic
Megadeth - Rust In Peace
Deep Purple - Burn

I never skip one of 'em.
C4C
Please check out some of my original music and leave me a comment @ SoundCloud
(or in my profile!)

Progressive|Thrash|Math|Metal
The original post is hard to read.

Pretty much the 2nd half of Abbey Road.
I'm a rockstar without the skills, fame, or income.

Washington Redskins
Coheed - Good Apollo 1: Mother May I -> The Willing Wells I-IV

An epic way to end an epic album
Quote by splamron

Good album.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
The only one is Violet by The Birthday Massacre. They may not be my ultimate favourite band (still on of them though), but whenever I start listening to the first track, I have to listen to the whole album.
Check out my Electronica project!
http://
Quote by gilly_90
you do make a whole lot of shit threads, don't you

Says an 09'er

The only 09'er I listen to is Lt.shinysides

To TS, I would say frog-stomp by Silverchair. Every single song on that album is marvelous
a little lost.....
Between The Buried & Me - Colors
Between The Buried & Me - Alaska
Dream Theater - Awake
Dream Theater - Images & Words
Yes - Fragile
The Mars Volta - Octahedron
Transatlantic - Bridge Across Forever
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of The Moon
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here

Etc.
Last edited by 'Leviathan' at Sep 16, 2009,
Images & Words - Dream Theater
Black Clouds & Silver Linings - Dream Theater
Start Something - Lostprophets
Rage Against the Machine - Rage Against the Machine
Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence - Dream Theater
Century Child - Nightwish
All Killer No Filler - Sum 41
Does this Look Infected - Sum 41
My Gear:

Washburn 6 String Bantam Series

Fender Mexican P-Bass

Farida Stratocaster

Peavey TNT115S
Quote by Davo Ownz
Says an 09'er

To TS, I would say frog-stomp by Silverchair. Every single song on that album is marvelous

I hate when 08'ers think they can talk **** about 09'ers. There's only one year's difference!
I see you made a thread about Blood Mountain.

Quote by ESPplayer5150
I loled
Quote by SOADisdabest
I hate when 08'ers think they can talk **** about 09'ers. There's only one year's difference!

Your right, we should insult them about about their real age, not how long they have spent on UG.
Somewhat in order:

Gorillaz - Demon Days (especially Dirty Harry -> Feel Good Inc.)
Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots
Weezer - Blue Album
Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
MGMT - Oracular Spectacular
Radiohead - In Rainbows
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
Learn to Fly - Gimme Stitches - Generator - Aurora - Live In Skin from There is Nothing Left to Lose by Foo Fighters is one that sticks out for me. Those songs would have made a marvellous EP.

Also; Summer Romance - Nebula - Deep Inside - Calgone/Segue 1 from S.C.I.E.N.C.E by Incubus. They are the last four songs on the album and they flow like a river.
This isn't coincidence
there's no such
thing
The correct answer is obviously Dark Side of the Moon.

And this thread could do with a little less Dream Theater worship.

Quote by Davo Ownz
Says an 09'er

Tell me, does having your head in your arse like that cause you any discomfort?
Last edited by webbtje at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by webbtje
And this thread could do with a little less Dream Theater worship.

I picked just two of their albums and they're my favorite band. THAT WAS NOT EASY.
Quote by 'Leviathan'
I picked just two of their albums and they're my favorite band. THAT WAS NOT EASY.

Don't get me started on the random french bands I could start posting
Zzzonked into Antwerpen on Enter Shikari's new album is my favourite album link at the moment
Quote by SOADisdabest

I hate when anyone thinks that the amount of time someone has been registered here is a valid point in an argument...

On topic, I've got a fair few albums I can listen to all the way through. Although I particularly like it when songs flow into each other (the ending of one song = the beginning of the next one).
Last edited by urbanfox at Sep 16, 2009,
Opeth's whole discography.
University of Kentucky Wildcats Football - (5-4)
Cincinnati Bengals - (6-2)
Cincinnati Reds - (78-84)

Ugly Poop Colored Text

My last.fm
add me as a friend, fool.
Quote by urbanfox
I hate when anyone thinks that the amount of time someone has been registered here is a valid point in an argument...

On topic, I've got a fair few albums I can listen to all the way through. Although I particularly like it when songs flow into each other (the ending of one song = the beginning of the next one).

I'll agree with that, it just particularly irritates me when there's only one year difference.

Anyway, on topic. Aberinkula through to Goliath on Bedlam in Goliath is one of my favourites.
Stockholm Syndrome-Falling Away With You-Interlude-Hysteria.
Off Absolution by Muse.
The songs link together so perfectly, and each one is a refection of the one before.
El-Danny

Quote by americnidiot
You keep seeing songs like KoC, SMBH, and Hysteria showing up on games, but I want Micro Cuts on either Rock Band or Sing Star. I want to see numerous masses of kids staring at the tv wondering what the hell they're supposed to do.
The whole A.O.A Album by Arthemesia.
Theres only 6 tracks on it but they're all lengthy and beautiful.

Oh and Track 2,3,4,5 and 6 from Origin of Symmetry - Muse.
Was just thinking about this today, while listening to the Gazette's album NIL, the last 4 songs are so different, but it just works perfectly. It goes from the soft ballad Cassis, to a dancy, upbeat song Silly God Disco, to the Slipknot style chugging of Discharge, to the pounding yet beautiful Taion, which is just a heart breaking song if you know the subject matter, I've seen live vids of this song where they cry while playing it

Amazing album
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 16, 2009,
Moon In Antarctica
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by upbeat_x_tech
Coheed - Good Apollo 1: Mother May I -> The Willing Wells I-IV

An epic way to end an epic album

Less Mother May I, but a thousand times yes to The Willing Well suite.

Streetlight Manifesto - A Moment of Silence -> A Moment of Violence (Everything Went Numb)

[IN PHIL WE TRUST]

Quote by Trowzaa
I only play bots. Bots never abandon me. (´・ω・`)

Page 1 of 3