Hey,

So I'm wanting to get a more convincing "metal" tone out of my RV50.. The band doesn't really play metal.. the amp suits my need perfectly, however, there's a little bit of metal head inside of me, and sometimes I love to play a bit of Metallica, Manson etc and I don't know if the RV really has the right voicing for it.. not as "tight". Therefore, I've been told what I need is an overdrive pedal, as opposed to a dedicated "metal" pedal.
Enter Fulltone OCD. This would kill two birds with the one stone for me as it also has something like 30db? of clean boost. I need something to boost me into intros/solos etc. (So I guess what I want to know is, can I be playing on the DIRTY channel of my RV, the hit the OCD to give me a sufficient increase in volume for the solo, without affecting my tone?) So Is the OCD going to give me great metal tones? I've read yes, but I'm skeptical. I think I still might be confused about the whole OD v Distortion.

Please feel free to make suggestions! I need to make this work! Thanx!
Chitarre:
Epiphone Les Paul Custom (Ebony)
1969 Fender Competition Mustang Bass (Competition Red)
Amplificatore:
Orange Thunderverb 50 head
Orange PPC412

Effetti:
Fulltone OCD V 1.4
EHX Big Muff PI
EHX Small Clone
Boss TU-3
the rockerverb 50 can do metal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slEboEJGlls&feature=PlayList&p=D8BE65897D8B591C&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=34

but ya if u want more gain the ocd pedal is good
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Boosting the front end of your amp will indeed make your tone tighter. With my Bad Monkey I can even get passable metal tones out of my Tiny Terror. Gain isn't the keyword when it comes to metal, compression is. So try using less gain on the amp and more level on the pedal.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)