so........

Has anyone ever marked (at "professional" punk concerts) mistakes of the band or single players? With mistakes I mean something that IS a mistake and not artificial freedom for live gigs or so.....

Example: I´ve been to a Bad Religion gig some years ago and Jay Bentley simply missed this "rap" part in the middle of Let them eat war.

Start.....
EVERY time i've saw Alkaline Trio Matt has screwed up the lyrics in almost every song.

EVERY time i've saw Leftover Crack the whole show has been a screw up, including my decision to give those clowns any more of my time.

I don't remember which band this was but some keyboard player tried to do a handstand on his keyboard and fluffed it up big time, think it was some pop-punk band.

Last time i saw Sundowner Chris forgot how to play one of his songs and had to come back to it later. To be fair he was pretty drunk.
Originally Posted by Chromeproguitar
they make horrible noises in the middle of the night (is it sex?)

Quote by CliffIsAngry
I guess she's pretty hot if you're into that "having a good music video, but not better than Beyonce's" kind of thing...
Last edited by alkalineweeman at Sep 16, 2009,
Saw Stiff Little Fingers and they played through one of their songs, Silver Lining I think it was 1 and a half times, cos after the bridge they went back to the wrong verse. They admitted it though at least.
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
^

I saw the reunion concert of Knochenfabrik (kind of legendary in Germany) and before every second song, their guitarist asked the bass player in which keys the song is. From time to time, they played a song and started again, because they started in the wrong keys or too fast. But they overplayed it quite funny so it was perfect.
Whenever I see a punk band, they never take their clothes off and defecate on the audience, or tell rude enough jokes in between songs, or swear enough, or frighten the audience.

It's always buddy-buddy, and I think that there should be more tension.
When I saw the Bouncing Souls, for some reason they ended up playing Hopeless Romantic againt about 4 songs after they played it the first time. Everyone inlcuding the a few guys in the band seemed to pause for a second, then just went crazy again like nothing was weird.
Dare I say that I was at a Rise Against/Anti-Flag gig?

Well, I was, and it was the one where Justin Sane dived into the audience to pull some guy up who'd been throwing things at him throughout the set, and by doing so, landed on the barrier and broke his collar bone (or whatever it was that he did), resulting in them having to pull-out of the rest of their tour!

The majority of bands that i've seen seem to make mistakes at some point throughout their set. The worst ones for doing so were probably Goober Patrol and King Kurt.
let these flat chords just break your heart...
I was at a Dropkick Murphys/Offspring concert, and while DKM was singing Flannigan's Ball, they repeated a verse twice, and because of that, did the guitar solo twice.

In the end though, that made the song longer, and I don't think anyone there had a problem with that.
Tom Goober makes me laugh, when he plays he looks as though he's wondering where he is!
let these flat chords just break your heart...
Quote by soph_bassist!
Dare I say that I was at a Rise Against/Anti-Flag gig?

Well, I was, and it was the one where Justin Sane dived into the audience to pull some guy up who'd been throwing things at him throughout the set, and by doing so, landed on the barrier and broke his collar bone (or whatever it was that he did), resulting in them having to pull-out of the rest of their tour!

Hahah, I remember reading that. Justin Sane is such a f*cking pillock!

He really does deserve to have stuff thrown at him, and also to get beaten up and head kicked in by no less than 6 people in alleyways.

I've never heard a ramones bootleg with any mistakes, probably because they were too scared to, because Johnny used to hit them. Johnny also hit a girl with his bass guitar round the face in high school, according to Tommy.