Hi guys, I'm at the moment recording some music just for fun, I do a lot of singing, however since I have very limited time, I do the vocal tracks in very few takes, I miss a few notes, especially extreme highs. To save time I'm looking at vocal correction software, does anyone know of any good programs/models that will help me out?

Cheers
auto tuners are what all the RB&B people are abusing lately... think T-pain
Auto-Tune's the obvious one. you dont have to have that T-Pain effect if you dont want it. it was made to do what you're wanting it to do.

Melodyne is another good one.
Auto tune for aiding porpuses, like you is OK

But as an instrument, like the pop-"stars" are using. NOT ****ING OK.
Just because Atotune has been massively abused by the pop music industry doesn't negate its original purpose - ie, a useful tool to correct one or two mistakes.

There is a freeware vst called Gsnap which does the job reasonably well. The learning curve on this kind of software can be pretty step though.
Quote by kyle62
Just because Atotune has been massively abused by the pop music industry doesn't negate its original purpose - ie, a useful tool to correct one or two mistakes.

There is a freeware vst called Gsnap which does the job reasonably well. The learning curve on this kind of software can be pretty step though.

Download it here
http://www.gvst.co.uk/gsnap.htm

fixed
Quote by theGlitch
auto tuners are what all the RB&B people are abusing lately... think T-pain

T-pain isn't abusing autotune, he's using it. In order to get the kind of result he gets, even if he's painstakingly altering everything in graphic mode, you have to put a lot of work in.

OP: I like the plugin version Melodyne. There isn't really anything that is completely transparent when it comes to pitch correction but I think Melodyne is easier to work with than Autotune and I can usually tweak a slightly better result out of Melodyne. If you have a lot of pitch drift all programs/plugins will give you a hard time though.
"If money is the root of all evil, I'd like to be a bad, bad man."

- Huey Lewis & the News