Hi im stuck between these two guitars. I can buy the rr24m for 800 dollars including shipping and 1100 dollars for the edwards. They are both "NEW" I see that the jackson rr24m was 1500 dollars and its on a sale and goes for 1100 dollars now. to be able to get it for 800 dollars including shipping from usa to turkey is a good deal right? What should i do have any comments?
Definatly the Jackson, but I dont want to ruin your dreams: You'll probably will have to pay import taxes...
Hufschmid
Blackat
Washburn USA Custom Shop
PRS
Mayones
Orange
Diezel
Engl
Can you try out both guitars? If so definitely do it there's nothing worse then choosing between 2 guitars that you have played neither of.
Quote by LP_CL
Definatly the Jackson, but I dont want to ruin your dreams: You'll probably will have to pay import taxes...

Well the last time i bought a guitar from ebay it came directly to my house. no customs or anything. i was really suprised and the same happened to my friend when he bought an esp from ebay and it came directly to his house.

Also i dont have the chance to play neither of them but all the guitars are 2x the USA price in my country so now i have a chance to buy guitar even lower than USA price which is about %50-60 save for me so i can live with it if its not the most comfortable piece of gear in the whole universe to me.
I'd go with the Jackson. The rhoads is a timeless guitar with good quality and workmanship
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
Rr24
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
Last edited by Slicer666 at Sep 16, 2009,
Are you guys saying jackson because the price is cheaper or is it really the better guitar? Also its the one with the maple keyboard but the quality wont be different than normal rr24s i guess. Btw will jacksons get cheaper on sites like musiciansfriend because they are discontinued? It says it was 1500 dollars now its 1100 dollars maybe it will go down to 700-800 dollar range or will it never happen?
id go with a jackson, if nothing else because sig guitars USUALLY (<- keyword) suck. but jackson is actually my favorite company now.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY
Whats the fascination with Alexi on these boards?

cuz hes awesome duh
Quote by JakoSnako
cuz hes awesome duh

Unless he drinks too much and sucks on stage

... like most of the times
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
The Jackson is of arguably better quality to some. I personally would go with it, but thats because I prefer a traditional RR shape over the ESP SV/Alexi shape. But both guitars are High quality MIJ guitars that you can't really go wrong with.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?
Quote by Jiro from GLAY

Becuz he iz teh br00talz!

No seriously, I don't get it either.

And I say Jackson because it will be a better guitar.
Quote by Jiro from GLAY

Because he's a great guitarist, and a crazy mother****er (do find out what's the Hatecrew initiation ceremony). Sometimes I'm not sure which is more appealing to some people.
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fantasyh
Because he's a great guitarist, and a crazy mother****er (do find out what's the Hatecrew initiation ceremony). Sometimes I'm not sure which is more appealing to some people.

Honestly, that's not so much impressive as it is just retarded. What is it? Stand on your head and drink pepto bismal mixed with Jack Daniels? Oh wow. That's soooo cool. He's trying too hard to be the next Dimebag Darrell. Honestly when listening back to even the old stuff, a lot of it is very simplistic stuff. I'm no longer "wowed" by him anymore.
Quote by Richmanofaction
I'd go with the Jackson. The rhoads is a timeless guitar with good quality and workmanship

That applies for pretty much all the Jackson guitars. even the "low end".

You can't go wrong with Jackson
Are you talking about the Edwards SV? Because Edwards doesn't make the Alexi sig. If it's the SV, I'd get the SV. Otherwise, jackson wins.
Quote by mamosa
Are you talking about the Edwards SV? Because Edwards doesn't make the Alexi sig. If it's the SV, I'd get the SV. Otherwise, jackson wins.

Ah Mamosa how dare you disappoint me man Edwards do produce about 3 or 4 Alexi sigs man.
i don't know which guitar is of a higher quality, but the edwards has a nice cutaway rather then the way jackson has theirs setup. I've played the rr24m and own an alexi sig, i prefre the alexi, but i haven't played the edwards version(i have played the ldt one). i know the edwards version is the real rr shape, not the slightly changed one of the ltd version.
i'd say it comes down to the little features in them, like depending on which edwards you were looking at it might have the gain booster.
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro
The Jackson all the way.
I NEED TO CHANGE MY USERNAME

• Agile AL-3XXX Custom Tobacco Sunburst w/ EMG 57/66
  • ESP LTD EC-1000T CTM Black w/ Seymour Duncan Blackouts
  • Jet City JCA100HDM w/ Avatar Contemporary 2x12 Cab
  • Seymour Duncan 805 Overdrive
  • Dunlop OG Crybaby Wah
  • MXR Smartgate
Quote by IHeartMyCrybaby
That applies for pretty much all the Jackson guitars. even the "low end".

You can't go wrong with Jackson

Ah a fellow Jackson man...glad to see it!

For the price, the low end JS series doesn't compare to their midrange stuff though- for the extra 200 bucks the difference is astounding.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL
I personally own and prefer the Edwards Alexi Sig, but in this case I'm gonna say that the Jackson's the better deal.
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by Slicer666
Unless he drinks too much and sucks on stage

... like most of the times

Ah, well ill give you that
Quote by Vittu0666
Honestly, that's not so much impressive as it is just retarded. What is it? Stand on your head and drink pepto bismal mixed with Jack Daniels? Oh wow. That's soooo cool. He's trying too hard to be the next Dimebag Darrell. Honestly when listening back to even the old stuff, a lot of it is very simplistic stuff. I'm no longer "wowed" by him anymore.

It's actually stand on your head naked, outside, and drink Jack mixed with pepto bismal through a tube. It isn't so much cool, as crazy and stupid which confirms my statement
Gear:
Electric
2008 Epiphone G400 Heritage CherryFUBAR
2008 Ibanez GRG 170 DX
2009 Cort KX1Q
2011 LTD H 351 NT
Randall RG 50 TC
Ernie Ball 11-54
Acoustic
Dean Markley
Dunlop 10's
Quote by fbeckinsale
i don't know which guitar is of a higher quality, but the edwards has a nice cutaway rather then the way jackson has theirs setup. I've played the rr24m and own an alexi sig, i prefre the alexi, but i haven't played the edwards version(i have played the ldt one). i know the edwards version is the real rr shape, not the slightly changed one of the ltd version.
i'd say it comes down to the little features in them, like depending on which edwards you were looking at it might have the gain booster.

Hate to break it to you, but that cutaway doesn't really do much. The big is that it allows "easier access to the higher frets," but really it's just a gimmick.

Quote by fantasyh
It's actually stand on your head naked, outside, and drink Jack mixed with pepto bismal through a tube. It isn't so much cool, as crazy and stupid which confirms my statement

Ah! I was close! Wow, that's impressive of Alexi! Now wonder he's the worlds best guitarist ever! NOT.
Well the cutaway doesnt matter much i guess. Also guys dont comment on Alexi. He is not the greatest guitarist of all time of course but you have to admit he's great. The stuff he wrote are really nice so just no alexi comments please
Quote by Vittu0666
Hate to break it to you, but that cutaway doesn't really do much. The big is that it allows "easier access to the higher frets," but really it's just a gimmick.

it makes a difference if your hands are tiny, like mine
Gear:
Ernie Ball MusicMan JP7
Schecter Hellraiser 006
Mesa Boogie Road King s.2
Mesa Boogie 4x12 Recto cab

Ibanez Keeley TS-9
TC Electronics G-Force
Amp Gizmo
Voodoo Labs GCX
Voodoo Labs Ground Control Pro