Hey I'm just now attempting to learn solos and I noticed there's this lick that keeps on coming up from various artists during the solo.

|-----17-----------------------------17---------20p17---------|
|--------20p17----17-20p17---------20p17---------20-17-|
|--19b---------19b------------19b-----------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

And I don't mean the notes I mean the whole

Bend + note + pull off

I know there's more licks that differ from that shape but is this what most solos will consist of? Besides alternate picking..
If I learn to do THAT lick should my soloing skills be brought up automatically to a certain level?

Hmm..

I'm just starting to learn solos so yeah..
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Quote by Phazon

I know there's more licks that differ from that shape

Yep.

but is this what most solos will consist of?

Nope.

If I learn to do THAT lick should my soloing skills be brought up automatically to a certain level?

Nope.

That said, it's fairly common. Good to have in the bag of tricks, you could say.

More important than the lick itself is the timing and feel that it's played with.
That's a basic pentatonic lick that you can pull out in almost any minor pentatonic situation. You'll find it in a LOT of classic rock solos.
you'll find that a lot in bands like Maiden and watever listen to powerslave or the trooper they both use it
Gear:
LTD Viper-50
LTD V-250
Line 6 Spider iii 15
Randall RX120R
Boss ME-50
It depends on the music you listen to, as to whether you will see that a lot of not. Personally, I don't see it very often.

Just remember: doing the same type of thing over and over again will get horribly repetitive and boring.

It was the only task I would undertake...

I P R O G
...to reap the harvest that was mine

- [ P R O G - H E A D ? ] -
Isn't that lick in stair way to heaven?
GENERATION 10: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.