Ok, I've had my bass for a couple years now, and just recently it started giving me a very strange buzzy, static-y sound. The strangest part is that the only way to stop it is to touch any metal connected to the strings (strings/tuners/bridge...)

Also, when i touch the strings with any part of my body besides my fingers (I'm asuming because of caluses) i get a small, steady, shock.

this is the bass
http://www.gregbennettguitars.com/fn1.html

Any ideas?
Sounds like a grounding issue to me. I don't know how to fix it, but I know it's easy. wait for someone else with more experience at this sorta thing to come along and they'll you how to fix it.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
There should be a wire that runs from your electronics/pickups to the bridge for grounding. check and make sure that this is still connected well.
dean edge one 5 string
Schecter studio-4
Samick fairlane-6
Ibanez sb900
Ibanez btb775
Fender p bass special deluxe

Dean Del Sol
Ibanez prestige rg2610

Peavey TKO 65
Peavey vb-2
Quote by the_perdestrian
listen to revelation, for he is wise in the way of bass-fu
Definately a grounding issue. The bass looks like a Fender J-style bass, so what you need to do is take off the pick guard (the large white piece of plastic on the body and under the strings) and find a wire running from the pickups to the bridge. It will most like be loose, frayed, or completely severed.

Now, grab your soldering iron, or aquaintance who is good with one, and reconnect that wire to its terminal on the bridge. Problem solved.
I had a problem with this too recently, it could also be your cord. A bad cord will magnify the buzzing from grounding a lot, but that doesn't mean it couldn't be grounded incorrectly.