Im an average skilled guitarist currently playing a Dean ML model which i love.
Seeing as my band are getting booked for shows a lot more than what i thought, i've decided i want to buy a powerful valve amp 50 watts + or an advanced solidstate.

My style is mostly Metal and Hard Rock, our venues are pocket sized with an average attendance of 100 - 150 a show.

What amps are recomended at a fair price for these kind of gigs because im not looking for something to advanced and proffesional.

Cheers.
Do you reckon? I'll go with a 30 then, what is recomended, im stuck xD
Well Im not too sure about metal but the Bugera 6262 Has some pretty good hard rock tones, and I THINK they can get into metal territory, but they can be unreliable, but most tube amps are unreliable in one way or another.

EDIT: Haha oops didnt realise it was 120w, which totally contradicts with what i just said... but yeah I still reccomend you test one. Sorry!
Last edited by marc0mu at Sep 16, 2009,
Where are you located? And we really do need a price range, because what might sound reasonably priced might not to you and vice versa.
Price range around £300 to about £550, im located in manchester.
I've hade my eye on a Marshall Haze for a while now, i've heard they are unreliable though.
You can get better things for the money than a Haze. Go head to guitar shop and try out some random things. You never know you mihgt ike them... Just dont let the employees trick you into buying something you dont want.
Quote by AlexC15
Price range around £300 to about £550, im located in manchester.
I've hade my eye on a Marshall Haze for a while now, i've heard they are unreliable though.

You can already get a Marshall DSL401 for that money, which I'd prefer. Laney LC30 and LC50 are also options, they're a bit cheaper than the Marshall, but not a bit worse imo. Those are more rock than metal amps, they'll do an old school metal tone, but I wouldn't use them for grindcore, unless you have a booster and a closed back cab standing around.
Now if you are willing to go used, you can look for Engl Screamer and Thunder combos, or an Orange Rocker 30. The Screamer is probably the best choice for metal out of those, although all are worth a look.
Yeah i've got a booster so that would'nt be a problem at all except im not into extreme music, i stick to my Iron Maiden and AC/DC i'll have a look at those amps.
Thanks to all those replies

\m/
Then you'll be fine even without boosting. Actually, the Rocker 30 as well as the DSL401 and the Laneys are looking like good choices if you like the Maiden and AC/DC tone. The Engls will likely sound too modern for you.
Damn, have they gone up in price again? They used to be 550. I suggest you just try a Laney LC then. They're easy enough to find in Britain.