So I'm interested in recording. Nothing serious, just so people can hear me play before auditions or starting a band. I don't want to spend any money. I have a GT-10 but it doesn't sound too good direct through USB. I just got a camera a few days ago so I tried recording with that last night. It didn't come out that great, but I'm wondering if it's acceptable. It sounds a lot worse than it sounds in my room, but a lot better than it sounds through USB. I just learned that song yesterday so it's not perfect. And does it have to be extremely perfect for that purpose? I hate rerecording things over and over. That was only the second take.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfFiOonehMU

Edit: Here's the second one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVZ9TAf8hnU
Last edited by JELIFISH19 at Sep 19, 2009,
If you want to have videos for auditions and similar things, you should dress as if you were going on a stage. Sound for guitar only is fine.
You could maybe make a video that's more diverse and shows all that you can do, maybe include more riffs and actual solos.

If you want to improvise you could download blues jamtracks, there are free ones all over the internet!
The song explains an emotion, as an end to lifelong mysteries, and the fantasy, for the fantasy is final result of reality...
Fantasy Engines
Josip Pesut
Sounds pretty poor quality to be honest. Doesn't help that your tuning is out though!

Can you upload a clip from the GT-10? I bet you could make it sound great with a little tweaking.
It is much better now..
And for applications for demo bands, this might work.
The song explains an emotion, as an end to lifelong mysteries, and the fantasy, for the fantasy is final result of reality...
Fantasy Engines
Josip Pesut
I want to record some instrumental demo for my Progressive/Groove/Thrash metal project, named Heretic, but I have problems with the drum programing. Where I can find drum patterns? I use Sonar for recording and Stormdrum for drums.
I want to gather more members, even for making the project as a band. Vocals later been added, but my English skills are c*** and I don't want to write all of the lyrics in Hungarian (one of the hardest languages ). Also I have several speech disorders, like lisping.