Please, can anybody advise me what guitar to buy(i't will be my first electric guitar(but i'm playing on acoustic & classical guitars for near 4 years)). Which guitar is making better sound(preferably for Post-rock, alternative-rock) and has pretty nice Distortion?

1)http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-SA120
or
2)http://www.fernandesguitars.com/rvlx.html

Thanks
Last edited by Somebody|UA| at Sep 16, 2009,
the ibanez link goes to the homepage...
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
i'd probably pick the Ibanez over the 2.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Thanks, but my friend already told me that "cheap" Ibanezes ( less then like 600 $) aren't worth their price
Quote by Somebody|UA|
Thanks, but my friend already told me that "cheap" Ibanezes ( less then like 600 $) aren't worth their price

so your gonna listen to oyur friend rather than every1 on here? what amp do iu have amp>guitar
Quote by JELIFISH19
It all comes down to the amp. They'll both perform the same.

Hm really? Do they produce near equal sound? They both are made from different kinds of wood, doesn't it matter?
The Ibanez should have a darker, richer sound as that is the mahogany body cpmpared with Alder. Also look at the Cort Z 42 or 44 which should fit your needs perfectly.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Quote by Somebody|UA|
Hm really? Do they produce near equal sound? They both are made from different kinds of wood, doesn't it matter?

They'll sound different, but one won't sound or work better for you. Neither will be bad. They'll be different but you can go with either one and you'll be happy with the results if your amp is good.
Tedis1111I haven't bought any amp yet, still thinking about it. Btw as i know it's better to buy at first good guitar and usual amp, and then change amp to better ( coz good guitar is more important then amp) Or that's not true?
Quote by Somebody|UA|
Tedis1111I haven't bought any amp yet, still thinking about it. Btw as i know it's better to buy at first good guitar and usual amp, and then change amp to better ( coz good guitar is more important then amp) Or that's not true?

amps are actually the biggest part to anyones tone. if you play a Squier and a >$1500 guitar through a bad amp, it'll still sound bad.
Quote by pedromiles101
randomhero93 I Know that, but still it's better to buy a good guitar and rather bad amp at first ( before i won't be good at playing electric guitar)( coz at first i'ld rather need some experience in playing guitar and when i'll be good - then i'll need good sound )
i'd say get a decent starter amp (Peavey Vypyr, Vox Valvetronix, or Roland Cube) and get the Ibanez as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
you only need about 10-15 watts to start off. and then you'll also have a decent guitar as well.
Quote by pedromiles101
Quote by Tedis1111
tbh for a 1st guitar anything cheap that works

That's not entirely true. You don't want anything cheap, but because it's your first guitar you don't want to spend a fortune until you know you'll stick with it.

For everyone who says the amp is more important, while that is definitely true as the amp contributes most to the tone, your guitar will always be with you unless you decide to sell it. So if I was offered a $1500 guitar over any good amp, I'd most likely pick the guitar.

I don't know much about Fernandez, but Ibanezs have thin, slim necks. If you have big hands (Not long fingers, big,huge,chunky hands) you might not like the Ibanez neck.

As for amps, he can buy a Line6 Pod, and some small combo amp and use it for it's speaker to have the tones he may want to obtain.
Last edited by FallsDownStairs at Sep 16, 2009,