Alright...so im here at work bored out of my mind and figures I might try something out...

Everyones seen the 'what are your band members like' thread so...this is a game.

Someone posts a 'fantasy version', and other people have to guess what band theyre talking about!

So for example:

Lead singer / Rhythm guitar: Really talented rhythm guitarist, plays a few of the slower solos. Decent singer...voice suits the band great but technically not that good

Lead guitarist: Cool guy, very fast player. Kinda keeps quiet compared to other members

Drummer: Bit of a tit

Bassist: Very talented guy, plays fingerstyle exclusively and walks around the stage like a crab

Then people would guess...obviously this one's Metallica...then post another band

Lets see if this takes off...!
Gear
ESP LTD Truckster James Hetfield Sig
120W Bugera 333 Amp
Harley Benton G212 Vintage Cab

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
3 guitarists

all go crazy on stage.

still going live and well.

kinda basic hint there lol.
Iron Maiden?
one of their lineups

Vocalist - insane, genius, has a fascination with death
Lead Guitarist - insane, very bad at playing lead, and rarely does solos. has an obsession with satan
Rhythm guitarist - pretty unknown really, played guitar
Bassist - again didn't do anything special
Drummer - band *****

"The mind is its own place, and in itself

Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n"

- John Milton, Paradise Lost
damn thats tricky lol...or is it just me?
Gear
120W Bugera 333 Amp

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
I like this idea It would probably get a lot more responses in the Pit though...
Let's have a go anyway:

Singer: Decent enough singer, voice generally doesn't suit the older songs but she's great on the new songs. Needs more stage presence.

Guitarist: Mostly plays rhythm but can bust out a short solo when the song calls for it. Has great stage presence, I would like him to contribute to songwriting a bit more.

Bassist: Standard bass player, but has an amazing voice, great stage presence and an epic beard. Would also like him to contribute more songs.

Drummer: Skilled metal drummer, plays double bass well but generally tends to play for the song.

Keyboardist (will probably give it away): Musical genius. Writes nearly all of the music for the band, and just amazes me with the intricacy of his compositions, and his playing is always fantastic. Has great stage presence for a keyboard player, and has the best hair in the band, easily.
Quote by metallicafan616
Iron Maiden?
one of their lineups

Lead Guitarist - insane, very bad at playing lead, and rarely does solos. has an obsession with satan
Drummer - band *****

Mayhem?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE ASTRAL PANDA σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Last.fm
Must be black metal indeed
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Quote by SilentHeaven109
I like this idea It would probably get a lot more responses in the Pit though...
Let's have a go anyway:

Singer: Decent enough singer, voice generally doesn't suit the older songs but she's great on the new songs. Needs more stage presence.

Guitarist: Mostly plays rhythm but can bust out a short solo when the song calls for it. Has great stage presence, I would like him to contribute to songwriting a bit more.

Bassist: Standard bass player, but has an amazing voice, great stage presence and an epic beard. Would also like him to contribute more songs.

Drummer: Skilled metal drummer, plays double bass well but generally tends to play for the song.

Keyboardist (will probably give it away): Musical genius. Writes nearly all of the music for the band, and just amazes me with the intricacy of his compositions, and his playing is always fantastic. Has great stage presence for a keyboard player, and has the best hair in the band, easily.

Nightwish?

My turn:

vocals - recently cut his hair, has an amazing voice, amazing stage presence, likes to layer his vocals down, has a side project with an amazing rythm guy. Used to play bass.

rythm - doesn't contribute much to the song writing, and his rythm work isn't complex, but his backing vocals add a bit of atmosphere to the music

lead - his solos are VERY melodic, he doesn't shred. He writes all the music for the band, and loves to socialize with the fans. He likes to layer his leads on albums.

bass - he's a session musican, he isn't a full member of the band, but he's playing all the live shows with them

drummer - solid metal drummer, isn't with the band for too long, plays also in a folk metal band.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Last edited by Worhan at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by PuppetMaster91
Alright...so im here at work bored out of my mind and figures I might try something out...

Everyones seen the 'what are your band members like' thread so...this is a game.

Someone posts a 'fantasy version', and other people have to guess what band theyre talking about!

So for example:

Lead singer / Rhythm guitar: Really talented rhythm guitarist, plays a few of the slower solos. Decent singer...voice suits the band great but technically not that good

Lead guitarist: Cool guy, very fast player. Kinda keeps quiet compared to other members

Drummer: Bit of a tit

Bassist: Very talented guy, plays fingerstyle exclusively and walks around the stage like a crab

Then people would guess...obviously this one's Metallica...then post another band

Lets see if this takes off...!

'Tallica
Guitars
Ibanez S470B
Iabez MTM2 w/ Seymoar Duncan Blackouts
Epiphone SG

Amps
Roland Micro Cube

Pedals
Boss MT-2
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by Worhan
Nightwish?

My turn:

vocals - recently cut his hair, has an amazing voice, amazing stage presence, likes to layer his vocals down, has a side project with an amazing rythm guy. Used to play bass.

rythm - doesn't contribute much to the song writing, and his rythm work isn't complex, but his backing vocals add a bit of atmosphere to the music

lead - his solos are VERY melodic, he doesn't shred. He writes all the music for the band, and loves to socialize with the fans. He likes to layer his leads on albums.

bass - he's a session musican, he isn't a full member of the band, but he's playing all the live shows with them

drummer - solid metal drummer, isn't with the band for too long, plays also in a folk metal band.

Correct

I don't know if Hansi has cut his hair but this sounds like Blind Guardian.
Quote by metallicafan616
Iron Maiden?
one of their lineups

Drummer - band *****

Could be Mayhem if we are talking about one of the earlier lineups when Dead was doing vocals, however Varg Vikernes played bass for them quite early on (De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas era) so he did go on to be quite successful with Burzum so I guess probably not. EDIT: it was necrobutcher who played bass on in the lineup with Dead on vocals not Varg

Quote by Cheesepuff
drummer : god
bassist : god
guitarist : god
keyboards : god
singer : not god

guess who?

God has a one man band
Last edited by Myshadow46_2 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Correct

I don't know if Hansi has cut his hair but this sounds like Blind Guardian.

Correct ^^ Hansi recently cut his hair. Too bad, IMO he looks better in longer.
For a real pervert, any exit can be an entrance.
Quote by sTx
Awesome post, dude.

Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Goth
Peavey Valveking 112
My metal band, Nilfgaard
Guitarist: metal god, long blond hair. pretty ugly actually but a ****ing guitargod
Bassist: pretty awesome
Singer: wears finger armory and sings very emotional
Drummer: awesomeness
(rhythm guitarist, not in the bad anymore): also very good, has ****ty tone on some video's (that was the first rhythm guitarist) the second guitarist is very good at multiple styles, also plays classical.
Quote by KoenDercksen
Guitarist: metal god, long blond hair. pretty ugly actually but a ****ing guitargod
Bassist: pretty awesome
Singer: wears finger armory and sings very emotional
Drummer: awesomeness
(rhythm guitarist, not in the bad anymore): also very good, has ****ty tone on some video's (that was the first rhythm guitarist) the second guitarist is very good at multiple styles, also plays classical.

Nevermore?

Quote by KoenDercksen
Correct! I gave too many hints didn't I xD

I got it on the first line, I only know one really ugly guitar God, and that's Jeff Loomis

Let's have another go:

Singer: Very low, deep voice, doesn't really suit the music all that much but is worshipped by female fans.

Guitarist 1: His gender is usually questioned, but he is a fantastic guitar player, tends to play with less speed and with more emotion than the other guitarist.

Guitarist 2: Slightly more masculine than the other guitarist, and is considered the shredder of the band, uses sweep picking frequently.

Bassist: Died recently

Drummer: Tends to be overshadowed by his bandmates, fantastic metal drummer, fast and accurate.

Don't know how many fans they have here but we'll see
Last edited by SilentHeaven109 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by SilentHeaven109
Nevermore?

I got it on the first line, I only know one really ugly guitar God, and that's Jeff Loomis

Let's have another go:

Singer: Very low, deep voice, doesn't really suit the music all that much but is worshipped by female fans.

Guitarist 1: His gender is usually questioned, but he is a fantastic guitar player, tends to play with less speed and with more emotion than that other guitarist.

Guitarist 2: Slightly more masculine than the other guitarist, and is considered the shredder of the band, uses sweep picking frequently.

Drummer: Tends to be overshadowed by his bandmates, fantastic metal drummer, fast and accurate.

Don't know how many fans they have here but we'll see

Ummm...Deathstars? IDK

Singer/Guitarist writes all/most of the music. Really hates Christianity.
Bassist plays heavy with fingers. Nice backup growls
Guitarist is not credited in albums, why? Great guitarist.
Drummer is really fast.

Ibanez SR506BM
Ashdown Little Giant 1000w
Peavey TVX 115+410
A big ass upright

Last edited by m4l666 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by m4l666
Ummm...Deathstars? IDK

Singer/Guitarist writes all/most of the music. Really hates Christianity.
Bassist plays heavy with fingers. Nice backup growls
Guitarist is not credited in albums, why? Great guitarist.
Drummer is really fast.

No, not Deathstars...

Is yours Behemoth?

Guitarist 1: His gender is usually questioned, but he is a fantastic guitar player, tends to play with less speed and with more emotion than the other guitarist.

Drummer: Tends to be overshadowed by his bandmates, fantastic metal drummer, fast and accurate

Versailles?
Quote by craig-sansum
+10000000000000000000000000000000000

Quote by Sanitarium91
Liking the cosmic toad vocals is a sign of exquisite taste, so good on you!
bloody hell...quite proud of this thread

Lead guitarist: had a bad head injury a while back and uses an interesting picking style. Not too fussed on fast solos but can crank some out that really suit the song...and probably could shred if he wanted to
Bassist: Also sings, pretty technical
Drummer: very technical, also sings
Rhythm Guitarist: usually harmonises with lead
Gear
120W Bugera 333 Amp

Desired Gear
ESP EX Diamond
ISP Decimator
EHX Metal Muff
MXR 10-Band EQ

C4C
Illusory Master
Hmm....don't know any of the open ones

The guy with the injury and weird picking reminds me of Marty Friedman though.

Try this one, lol.

Drummer: Wears Glasses, has lots of Tattoos. Doesn't play to his full potential. Meshuggah fan.

Bassist/Backing Vox: Very strange picking/strumming technique, simple fills and riffs. "Half gay".

Guitarist/Backing Vox: Like the drummer, he seems to be more of a metal or hardcore fan, and also seems to hold back while playing. Looked better with a beard.

Lead Vox/Rhythm Guitar: The main influence on the band's style, I think. Didn't play guitar on their first album. Always wears a hat, it seems.
Nope, no sig here.