if i run a guitar into a line 6 pod studio, into a computer running garage band will there be any delay between when I play the note and when the computer reads it? when i use the garage band effects i get a delay... so with the pod studio i wont be using any garage band effects when recording
cant you headphone out from the line 6 ...?
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
I record using a similar set up. My Line 6 TonePort headphone out to Line IN on my PC. I get no noticeable delay.
Fender USA Stratocaster HSS
Schecter C-1 FR Hellraiser
Ibanez RG 321mh
Fender Squier Strat
Bugera V22
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100
Line 412 cab V 30's
Thats called 'latency', you need to change the buffer size of your computer in order to increase response time.
If your pc is pretty decent, there will be a delay but not a massive one so long as you set up the buffers properly. You'll get used to it.
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.