I use earplugs when i play guitar or go to concerts. But when playing guitar in my room, I noticed that the sound of my guitar and amp changes when I put my earplugs in. I thinks somehow the earplugs do something to the sound, making it sound different to me. I don't know what effect these plugs have. I mean, do they lower or highten treble, mid or bass? Because I think my sound's a bit better when I'm playing with plugs.
Maybe it's just my small room that makes the sound reflect of the walls. And when I'm wearing the plugs I don't here those reflections. I'm not sure...
i just wanted some feedback from you guys
es zien of ik geband wordt door nederlandse schuttaal :p

tieten, klootzak, hoereeeeh!
Quote by AfroVic
Let's do it again sometime

Quote by Flipje
teringtyfustakketrut! (+1 for reference)
I play out 3 to 4 nights a week so I have to wear plugs. I set my tone with them out, then put them in to play and just deal with the dark sludge that makes its way to my eardrums. Is better than ringing!
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Um, there ear plugs, they block sound from getting to your ear, so of course the tone is gona change. Of course the way your room is shaped has an effect on how your amp sounds, becuase all the sound waves being reflected off of random surfaces. But IDK, all I know is that ear plugs block sound.
btw, i don't use those foamy things, but those rocket shaped earplugs.
they're only supposed to lower the volume, preserving the original sound..

Quote by AfroVic

Quote by Flipje
Quote by gilles_frehley
btw, i don't use those foamy things, but those rocket shaped earplugs.
they're only supposed to lower the volume, preserving the original sound..

try Hearos Hi-Fi ear plugs
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Sep 16, 2009,
i had 2 sets, one from musicstore.de and partyplugs from some dutch site I think.
But I lost one of both sets so now I use 2 different plugs :p

Quote by AfroVic

Quote by Flipje
I bought a pair last night at Walmart so my hearing wouldn't be completely dead for two days again after playing drums at band practice. Granted, the ones I bought were $1.97 and were for shooting guns, but the tone I hear with them in changed dramatically, things were actually more defined though, but it cut out A LOT of low frequencies, I couldn't even hear my bass drum over the cymbals, but the guitar was easily heard, which was the point.

If you want to get some earplugs that are going to still allow you to hear the true tone, you're going to spend a good bit of money, but when I'm wearing them, I could care less how things sound through the earplugs, as long as i know they sound good without them.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Quote by guidothepimmp
off topic, you know what yngwie says about ear plugs lol

What does Yngwie say? They taste great on toasted cheese sandwiches?
7 string Legion 7 > 6 Do mosh pits warm your heart? Then become a SECOND RATE CITIZEN.....better than the worst!
Quote by miketheslut
What does Yngwie say? They taste great on toasted cheese sandwiches?

Quote by AfroVic

Quote by Flipje
Quote by MatrixClaw
I bought a pair last night at Walmart so my hearing wouldn't be completely dead for two days again after playing drums at band practice. Granted, the ones I bought were $1.97 and were for shooting guns, but the tone I hear with them in changed dramatically, things were actually more defined though, but it cut out A LOT of low frequencies, I couldn't even hear my bass drum over the cymbals, but the guitar was easily heard, which was the point.

If you want to get some earplugs that are going to still allow you to hear the true tone, you're going to spend a good bit of money, but when I'm wearing them, I could care less how things sound through the earplugs, as long as i know they sound good without them.

yeah i agree. I really like my tone now, but the plugs change it just a little bit. If I knew how that's possible, I might be able to change my current tone (without plugs) to ressemble the tone I hear while wearing plugs.
reading your answer, I might have to lower the bass on my amp.

Quote by AfroVic

Quote by Flipje
earplugs take away some of the high end treble or they do for me, everyone should wear them if they are going to play loud, the worst thing in the world is to have painfull ears and ringing, i have had it for the last year and its a nightmare
^Yh they take away the treble, sounds nice when your playing loud with a trebley amp, but I just feel sorry for the people who don't have earplugs when my amp is being played at loud volumes
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
Quote by Jak Archer
I just feel sorry for the people who don't have earplugs when my amp is being played at loud volumes

Same here

I use hifi ear plugs