Poll Options
View poll results: Which Amp do you think is better
Peavey Vypyr 30
15 38%
Vox 30
25 63%
Voters: 40.
Hello,

I'm looking into buying an amp, and I've preety much narrowed it down to these to, as apparently they are the best ones I can get for my price range.

Which one do you prefer and think is better, poll is at top but can post comments down below,

cheers,

Kevin

EDIT:

My budget was originally 250 euro, but I'm thinking about spending more now.

I will be buying a IBANEZ GRG170DXL, left handed.

and I like many bands, here are a few radiohead, cold-play, Metalica, Nirvana, Greenday
Last edited by KevinBoland at Sep 16, 2009,
No versus thread...

/reported
Quote by gudinge
Wasn't there a thread about this like yesterday?
Quote by ivan_2894
This guy knows what he's talking about
(Ab)using:
* Ibanez PF5 acoustic * Gibson '08 LP Classic * Schecter Damien FR *
* Marshall JCM 2k DSL401 *
* Boss OS-2 * Boss DD-7 *

Eyes on Wah & SD pups
You need to tell us more about your guitar, budget, and style of music instead of just asking which is "better."
This isn't really a versus thread, it's just the TS getting opinions on which amp he should get. Definitely not reportable IMO, and I've only tried the Vox AD30vt, which is a surprisingly nice sounding amp. But you should try out both and see which you like better, or maybe someone here who has tried both can help you.
Quote by tickler444
No versus thread...

/reported

I fixed it, no need to report me, I'm new to the forums and didn't understand this rule, you could have advised me.

no need to be a **** about it.
Don't base your opinion on the poll. Anybody can vote in that. Including people who've never played either and just like the look of one more than the other.

I have played both and it's my personal opinion that the Vypyr has a larger range of more consistent sounds, and that while the Vox has less sounds, its best are excellent for the price. There are more duffer sounds on the Vox than the Peavey, though.

Personally I think the Peavey's more versatile and more consistent but the Vox sounds better in certain situations.
lol, I can never come to a decision, so much conflicting advise.

I think there both good for a beginners guitar amp anyways
I'm also a beginner and I'm going to buy the peavey vypyr 30 this xmas
i believe the peavey has more amps, more stompboxes and more effects, and you can change the parameters of the so-called effects.
But i know nothing of that vox, so im going to check it out.
"A tout le Monde, A tout mes amis, Je vois aime, Je dois partir; These are the last words, I'll ever speak
And they'll set me free...."
The VOX for rock and hard rock, Vypyr for more effects and high-gain.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I haven't played either so I don't any opinion on this really. Personally what I would do is try both amps out in a store or if a friend has one, try it out and then try the other one out. It's not good just buying an amp cuz of people's suggestions, they're just directing you to an amp. you need to make the final decision AFTER playing one of them.
Quote by yoyodunno
This isn't really a versus thread, it's just the TS getting opinions on which amp he should get. Definitely not reportable IMO, and I've only tried the Vox AD30vt, which is a surprisingly nice sounding amp. But you should try out both and see which you like better, or maybe someone here who has tried both can help you.

AGREED
Quote by KevinBoland
I've ordered a PEAVEY VYPYR 30.

Thanks for the help lads.

Good choice
Gear:
Yamaha F310 acoustic
Ibanez RGR321ex
Peavey Vypyr 30