So I'm thinking of getting a BB or Airsoft rifle and/or pistol. But I have a few questions that maybe someone could help me find info on it, or just plain well answer me.

1) I purchase the gun...do I have to register it with the Canadian Firearms Registry?

2) Can I shoot in my backyard? (I live on the outskirts of town)
Quote by lucertia.
Ill only let you buy one if you kill canadians with it.

Thems fightin' words.

i own one, but it was purchased some years ago. I shoot it at my camp cause i figure if someone can see me holdinga rifle, and shots fired, they'll get cranky (cause Nova Scotians bitch about everything).

i think there's an age restriction, but it doesn't need to be registered. paintball guns don't have to be and they're dangerous as hell.
in Canadian law, a gun is only a firearm above 500FPS

you're in the clear man, airsoft, paintball, even some bows are legal
Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
Not sure about in Canada, but Airsoft firearms in the UK need to be purchased by someone over 18 (if they're more than 50% covered in a non-realistic colour, for a realistic imitation firearm, you need a liscense of some kind, which needs you to skirmish regularly), I assume it's not going to be any more strict than this, as they technically aren't "real" firearms.