my friend just joined our band and right now he has a **** poor amp.
he finally agreed to buy a tube amp but he depends on me to find it since he is an ignorant about equipment.

so, will the blackheart little giant half stack be loud enough to practice with a full band?

i have a peavey classic 30 and i only put it on like 4 to get over the drums.

i found the whole little giant half stack for 200 bucks used and i think he can afford it.
also he lives in an apartment so i cant really get him a huge amp.

so i guess my main question is, is the amp loud enough for practices and tiny gigs maybe?
and is it a good amp?
Quote by herrotim
my friend just joined our band and right now he has a **** poor amp.
he finally agreed to buy a tube amp but he depends on me to find it since he is an ignorant about equipment.

so, will the blackheart little giant half stack be loud enough to practice with a full band?

i have a peavey classic 30 and i only put it on like 4 to get over the drums.

i found the whole little giant half stack for 200 bucks used and i think he can afford it.
also he lives in an apartment so i cant really get him a huge amp.

so i guess my main question is, is the amp loud enough for practices and tiny gigs maybe?
and is it a good amp?

As long as the Drummer isn't very loud and he doesn't want cleans.

If he want's cleans, it probably won't be enough, because the Blackheart is meant to distort at about volume level 7.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
As long as the Drummer isn't very loud and he doesn't want cleans.

If he want's cleans, it probably won't be enough, because the Blackheart is meant to distort at about volume level 7.

okay
do you think this would be a good option or should we look for something bigger?
Quote by herrotim
okay
do you think this would be a good option or should we look for something bigger?

Blackheart HotHead
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
We play mostly just plain rock. Uhh, our favorites are STP, GNR, Nirvana, and some softer stuff.

And I guess his budget is about 300 bucks. so ya, we are def cool with buying used
Quote by herrotim
We play mostly just plain rock. Uhh, our favorites are STP, GNR, Nirvana, and some softer stuff.

And I guess his budget is about 300 bucks. so ya, we are def cool with buying used

if you want an amp that is much more suitable for live gigs than the BH get a Windsor
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
You can deifnetly use one! I can at least. I play in a band with a bassist which has a 300W Hartke and another guiatrist using a Rocker 30 on about 4. At 8 on the 3watt mode I wa soverpowering the other guitarist and the PA. He can surely use it, as long as he doesn't need headroom that is...
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Yea I've got the little Giant and it's loud, I don't even use the 5 watt setting unless i need a louder clean.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i use one, but through a 4x12, which makes the sound "bigger".

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ