Hi, I'm wondering if anyone here can reccomend me bands that are sort of similar to The Architects, Straight Reads the Line and Kingdoms. I love the dissonance, odd time signatures, and intensity of the music these bands create.
Quote by mikey2204
if youre into this sorta think check out my band, we just uploaded a new song which if youre into architects i think you will like.

www.myspace.com/onlyinabstract

Solid Stuff, not really a fan of the Bring me the Horizon ish sounding vocals but the music is great. Your new song is my favorite by far btw.
Last edited by intentionsthere at Sep 16, 2009,
the dillinger escape plan, awesome, awesome band. bleeding through, carcass, children of bodom, devildriver
Quote by Hetfieldjr
the dillinger escape plan, awesome, awesome band. bleeding through, carcass, children of bodom, devildriver

I love the Dillinger Escape Plan, as for the other bands you named, meh.
heres a list of bands that influence me a lot, maybe not all in the same genre as the bands you mentioned but deffo worth checking some of them out, and you probs know about a lot of them already

After The Burial, Meshuggah, Born Of Osiris, Periphery, Fellsilent, Veil of Maya, Between The Buried And Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Azriel, The Boy Will Drown, Converge, Every Time I Die, Sikth, No Consequence, Dead Swans, Protest The Hero, The Eyes Of A Traitor .

id say deffo check out fellsilent though for weird time signatures, and the powerfulness of the music that your looking for, especialy the song immerse.
Quote by mikey2204
heres a list of bands that influence me a lot, maybe not all in the same genre as the bands you mentioned but deffo worth checking some of them out, and you probs know about a lot of them already

After The Burial, Meshuggah, Born Of Osiris, Periphery, Fellsilent, Veil of Maya, Between The Buried And Me, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Azriel, The Boy Will Drown, Converge, Every Time I Die, Sikth, No Consequence, Dead Swans, Protest The Hero, The Eyes Of A Traitor .

id say deffo check out fellsilent though for weird time signatures, and the powerfulness of the music that your looking for, especialy the song immerse.

I love pretty much all of these bands, but most of them are more on the metal side of things, and I'm looking for the same kind of ideas applied to a more hardcore context if you get what I mean.

Btw, not enough people know about The Boy Will Drown, they're so sick!
yeah i know what you mean man, bands more influenced by the hardcore side of things but with the whole techy influence as well is hard to find, which is a shame

haha yeah well hopefully they will get bigger soon, i like the way they can go from crazy tech metal but still be melodic at parts too, its kinna what makes them stand out for me. gonna be supporting them next month
Quote by mikey2204
yeah i know what you mean man, bands more influenced by the hardcore side of things but with the whole techy influence as well is hard to find, which is a shame

haha yeah well hopefully they will get bigger soon, i like the way they can go from crazy tech metal but still be melodic at parts too, its kinna what makes them stand out for me. gonna be supporting them next month

Good luck at that show dude. I'm probably gonna order their album and I hope they'll cross the Atlantic one day so I can see them live, but even if they do, they'll probably skip Ottawa just like every other band ever does haha.
there albums insane man, deffo get it, you wont be disappointed

haha that sucks man. Im from Glasgow in Scotland, usally we get a lot of good shows but there hasnt realy been one in a while :/

oh yeah man i know there a more metal influenced band again, but i have a feeling you will really like this. Another good Glasgow band we are friends with.

check them out

http://www.myspace.com/paridian
They're great! Don't get me wrong dude, I love metal, but it's just that it's a lot easier to find techy metal bands than techy hardcore bands lol. Check out the link I have down there, it's a local band from Ottawa, they're great, it's like technical southern hardcore. Nothing too flashy on guitar, but there's alot of weird chords and odd time signatures happening.

http://www.myspace.com/eatsleeptexas
aww man thats awesome
i just listened to the 1st song in the player, onto the second song now!
absaloutly awesome stuff!
you dont get much of that sorta stuff in the uk man :/
i let the other guitarist in my band hear them too , hes diggin them
Quote by Hetfieldjr

I get DEP, but where the hell did the rest of those bands come from?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by mikey2204
aww man thats awesome
i just listened to the 1st song in the player, onto the second song now!
absaloutly awesome stuff!
you dont get much of that sorta stuff in the uk man :/
i let the other guitarist in my band hear them too , hes diggin them

The whole southern thing is really big right now in Ontario, and that band is by far the most interesting in my opinion. As far as the UK scene goes, from what I've heard you guys have a really, really, really sick bands... and really ****ty ones haha. If you have more recommendations for bands in your area, I'd love to check them out.
Born of Osiris is a good TechHardcore band. Early August Burns Red has it to. Like Back Burner.

Quote by mikey2204
if youre into this sorta think check out my band, we just uploaded a new song which if youre into architects i think you will like.

www.myspace.com/onlyinabstract

Your screamer totally reminds me of Oli Sykes!
xD

Pretty badass band bro.
August Burns Red
Misery Signals
Oh, Sleeper

They're all some what technical.

EDIT: The Human Abstract (I'd recommend their first album, Nocturne).
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Last edited by Veil Of Osiris at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by AvengedRamLamb
Born of Osiris is a good TechHardcore band. Early August Burns Red has it to. Like Back Burner.

Back Burner isn't their earlier stuff, unless by earlier you mean a year and a half ago. Also their newer stuff is more technical than their older stuff.

Either way, I guess I'd agree with the rec in general, but I wouldn't really call them all that technical.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Last edited by GodofCheesecake at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by intentionsthere
The whole southern thing is really big right now in Ontario, and that band is by far the most interesting in my opinion. As far as the UK scene goes, from what I've heard you guys have a really, really, really sick bands... and really ****ty ones haha. If you have more recommendations for bands in your area, I'd love to check them out.

yeah im really into the sothern rock thing right now, a few of my friends who are realy good musicians were gonna start off a southern rock influenced band but just havent had the time.

And thats very true about the uk scene , we have tonnes and tonnnes of cliche'd generic bands, but the fe bands that do push themselves are realy good.

yeah man check these guys out:

http://www.myspace.com/tocatchapredatoruk

also if you have anymore recommendations for bands in your area let me kno about them too!
Quote by JxD
I recommend using the recommendation thread and not cluttering up the forum with various rec threads.

This.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)