hey guys out there im selling a ibanez mtm2 and need some of the string blocks (the lil things tht hold the string in) on a ibanez edge III bridge and i cant find them anywhere can anyone help me
Last edited by SWBS_DJ_GUITAR at Sep 16, 2009,
1. you cant buy Edge III parts seperately in the UK, you might find some OFR or Kahler parts that fit, but if not you'll have to just replace the whole bridge.

2. wrong forum to advertise in.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

this belongs in the classifieds

ESIT: Damn, beaten to it
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200
Blackstar HT-5 Mini Halfstack
Squier Affinity Strat
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Line 6 Uber Metal
Last edited by soloXshredder at Sep 16, 2009,
yea i know but i thought i would just put it in there anyway u never know who reads it they may want it lol
if your guitar is old enough for the string blocks/saddles to come loose, im sure your knife edges will be dulled, and you'll probably be continuously losing tuning.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

its not a case of the strings coming loose there just a abit rusty n i wanna put new ones in it lol and iv taken ad out of the thread why r people so up tight haha
well, ive looked for replacement parts of ibanez tremolos in the past, and nothing ever comes up, they dont even have a UK helpline (i dont think). best bet is to just upgrade the tremolo.

get a Gotoh or OFR.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
well, ive looked for replacement parts of ibanez tremolos in the past, and nothing ever comes up, they dont even have a UK helpline (i dont think). best bet is to just upgrade the tremolo.

get a Gotoh or OFR.

yea trouble is its not a trem as such its the fixed version of the trem unit lol
you dont get fixed versions of the Edge III, the Edge III is part of ibanez's Edge Floyd Rose line.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
you dont get fixed versions of the Edge III, the Edge III is part of ibanez's Edge Floyd Rose line.

i tell u what u go to the ibanez website find the MTM2 mick thompson signature n tell me what it says next to bridge on the specifications
Quote by Silver-spear94

You do with the Mick Thomson Signature.. Know your guitars before you jump in saying someone that owns the thing doesnt know what they are talking about..

And TS see if you can get in touch with Ibanez directly they have a parts Catalog. Also check out this website www.ibanezrules.com
Quote by Silver-spear94

It got a bolt that runs through the bridge that hold it in place, and to TS is it the locking nut pieces your missing? Well anyways ebay will be your best bet.
Edit: read your post a bit better, yah you should be able to find either replacement saddles or just the blocks on ebay
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Last edited by alternitivebass at Sep 16, 2009,
still looks like an FR to me, just without the trem arm. still looks to be a floating bridge.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
still looks like an FR to me, just without the trem arm. still looks to be a floating bridge.

The obvious bolt in front of the Ibanez logo...
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
ahhh i see it now,

i overlooked that.

i gotcha now. the saddles and bolts all look the same though, which means its probably a hell of a lucky break to find replacements.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

yea guys it really isnt a floting trem just looks like one haha its a right bastard coz its the only guitar to have one on it lol i will check out that site tho lol and the ibanez catalogue is a bit crap u can only buy the whole unit not just bits of it haha

Oh btw yea i do know my guitars HAHA sorry lol but one thing that gets me on this is if people dont read what im after n just asume im stupid or something im really not lol i know my stuff and have played and used most of the high end stuff out there lol