When I play lead sections that use index, 3rd, and 4th, my middle finger kinda curls up all the way back so that the nuckle is up in the air, and the tip is facing towards my palm. It's always been like this, but i feel like I should try and get it to stay close to the fretboard, like my 3rd finger does if i play lead sections using fingers 1 2 + 4.

The middle finger does what this guy's little finger is doing in the picture

Any idea's on how to stop it?

Thanks
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Sep 16, 2009,
The only thing I could possibly suggest is just actively try to keep it closer to the fretboard. But I really dont think its that big of an issue to begin with unless its REALLY making it hard for you to play.
--Clips in profile! comment please!--
Guitars
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Schecter Solo-6 Limited
Takamine G330H

Amps
Line 6 Vetta
Carvin X100B

Pedals
cmatmods Signa Drive, Brownie, and Boost
Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
MXR 10 band EQ
my middle finger is probably one of the most used finger other than my index. actually, i try to keep the use of all 4 of my fingers pretty equal.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Well it doesn't really get in the way, but it can ache if i'm doing riffs that require lots of use of the 1st 2nd and 3rd finger.

It's just as used as my other fingers, but it just seems to naturaly go back into that position, and I just wondered if anyone could think of a way of getting it to naturaly stay closer to the fret board. I've tried tying an elastic band from my 1st finger, over the 2nd (middle), and onto the 3rd to physicaly stop it, but it made it impossible to play anything at all really. Havn't tried doing it with just 1 3 4 exercises, but I don't hold out much hope.
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M