Ok i have a bit of a problem here. I've made some cool backing tracks with clean guitar on my RC-2. However, i can't use my overdrive on my amp to solo over them because surely enough, i just end up distorting the drum beat and the backing track, seeing as im playing straight from my guitar, though the pedal and into my amp. Is there a way to get around this?

There is no CD input on my current amp so i can't just put the loop through there in a seperate circuit from my guitar. What can i do?
Are You Shpongled..?
If you don't have an effects loop in your amp, the only other solution is to either play clean or put an overdrive/distortion pedal in front of the looper.
I've got an Orange Crush 30R, which doesn't have an FX loop on it. Can anyone reccomend me a similar sort of amp (30W and small but with good tone) which has a CD input or FX loop?
Are You Shpongled..?
You have to put all your effects before the looper. That way the signal the looper repeats actually has the effect on it, and when you turn off the pedal the effect stays on the loop but not on what you're playing, or vice versa.

Edit: The only thing you want after the looper is an EQ pedal, this is nice because then you can loop something, EQ it while it is playing and then leave it set that way.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
You have to put all your effects before the looper. That way the signal the looper repeats actually has the effect on it, and when you turn off the pedal the effect stays on the loop but not on what you're playing, or vice versa.

Edit: The only thing you want after the looper is an EQ pedal, this is nice because then you can loop something, EQ it while it is playing and then leave it set that way.

Yeh i get what you mean but i was hoping to just use my amp overdrive because it sounds really good already.
Are You Shpongled..?
Quote by nugiboy
Yeh i get what you mean but i was hoping to just use my amp overdrive because it sounds really good already.

Oh, I see what you are saying... Try rolling back the volume knob on the guitar with OD on, for cleans, then crank it for the leads. That's probably the best you can get. That or just get a 15 dollar practice amp from a pawn shop to run the RC-2 into.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!