im looking into a new amp, i have a marshall mg 30dfx, it was just something i bought because i had enough money and my other **** amp broke.... and i couldnt wait for some reason hahah, it sounds a hell of a lot better then my robson amp but its no tube amp if you have any suggestions i play slash, clapton, hendrix, angus young, pretty much any bluesy kinda rock stuff branching off from them or anyone hahah

i originally wanted a pod xt live, but i guess it would sound like **** going through my marshall
Pod XT + MG Clean channel = Decent
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by TheQuailman
We need to know the following:

1) Budget
2) Your location
3) Are used amps an option?

well my budget.... idk yet hahah im sposed to start working at my uncles garage, and im in cape breton canada, and yeah used amps are pretty good i guess
Well, since you're in Canada, maybe the Traynor YCV series is worth a shot. They're reasonably priced and there's several versions with different wattages, so you can pick one that's loud enough for you. I'll look up prices, wait a minute. A Peavey Classic 30 might also be worth a look.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 16, 2009,
my budget.... well not to crazy like something i can save up for for a little bit but not all year hahah
Quote by TheQuailman
Well, since you're in Canada, maybe the Traynor YCV series is worth a shot. They're reasonably priced and there's several versions with different wattages, so you can pick one that's loud enough for you. I'll look up prices, wait a minute. A Peavey Classic 30 might also be worth a look.

yeah i heard the peaveys are pretty sick, my bros friend has one
idk i dont have like anything now just waiting to start at the garage... if that'll happen
I didn't find anything interesting on craigslist, but you'll be able to find something if you're patient and check regularly.

Now, new. If you have the cash, these are worth a look:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=traynor+ycv

As are these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=peavey+classic

I personally prefer the Traynors, but hey, try and see for yourself. If these are too expensive or too loud, look at Blackhearts maybe:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/navigation?q=blackheart

I strongly suggest you take the BH15 rather than the BH5, since the latter does not have seperate gain and volume controls, which means you have to crank it to get enough gain for most types of rock, which means it'll be loud as hell.

Anyway, any of these amps should pop up on ebay or c-list often enough, so you should be able to get a used one for a fair price.

I have to go now, I'll be back in half an hour or so.
you can get modded BH5H heads that are modded to include cool things like reverb and preamp gain. theyre almost double the price, but theyre alot more versatile.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ