Any speculation on headliners?

Anyone booked tickets already?

Any bands you'd love to see at Reading/Leeds 2010?

NOEDIT: My money is on Muse/Green Day/Blink 182 or Daft Punk
Last edited by nospacesallowed at Sep 16, 2009,
Got tickets, got my money on Muse/The Libertines/Green Day aaaand I'd love to see:

Thrice
Alkaline Trio
Mogwai
Explosions In The Sky
The Strokes
Bouncing Souls
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang
Got tickets, got my money on Muse/The Libertines/Green Day aaaand I'd love to see:

Thrice
Alkaline Trio
Mogwai
Explosions In The Sky
The Strokes
Bouncing Souls

How did you find 65dos? I thought they were awesome, loads of people bouncing, even though some of them had never heard them before - shows how awesome they are.

Anyway, yeah I think it's strongly rumoured to feature Blink, and Muse would be extremely welcome.
Got my tickets Green Day seems to pop up every year as a rumour this early on, blink seems likely now, as well as muse with this new album.

I want DEP
leeds is so crap now IMO. Just loads of kids who think they look sophisticated cos they dress like an old man, or wear their topman uniform. besides too many people go just cos its the in thing and you get a cool lookin band. 2008 was bad enough, even with RATM, QOTSA, the D and metallica.

I hope download doesnt go down the drain too. it was amazing this year.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
leeds is so crap now IMO. Just loads of kids who think they look sophisticated cos they dress like an old man, or wear their topman uniform. besides too many people go just cos its the in thing and you get a cool lookin band. 2008 was bad enough, even with RATM, QOTSA, the D and metallica.

I hope download doesnt go down the drain too. it was amazing this year.
saw a lot of chavs there in 09, made sunday night a lot worse
I don't have my ticket yet, I've got no money. But I'm pretty definately going.
I would have loved to have gone in 08, before 09 i was trying to get tickets and really wanted to go but didn't manage to, but i was quite relieved that i didn't manage to, mainly because a majority of the people who i knew were going are idiots, but i was quite pissed off as it seems none of them actually like as many of the bands who were there that i did.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
I bought a ticket...

It'll probably get sold for an extortionate price a few weeks before, unless the lineup is really good.

I was amazed I managed to resist ramming a tent peg through the faces of some of the pilled up moron teenagers that were there this year.

I think the plan is to go to stuff like Hop Farm and Latitude again, where we seemed to be about the most rowdy and all we did was sit around drinking all night.
Quote by urbanfox
I bought a ticket...

It'll probably get sold for an extortionate price a few weeks before, unless the lineup is really good.

I was amazed I managed to resist ramming a tent peg through the faces of some of the pilled up moron teenagers that were there this year.

I think the plan is to go to stuff like Hop Farm and Latitude again, where we seemed to be about the most rowdy and all we did was sit around drinking all night.

Pilled up kids arent the problem. Pilled up kids just want to have a laugh and a dance and see some cool things. It's the piss and cokeheads you have to watch out for.
Yeah I'll probably go, haven't bought a ticket yet though. I've gotta say, this year the atmosphere seemed different to '08, I guess it's 'cause it was more mainstream this year. The jo public don't really listen to Metallica or Tenacious D, whereas in '09 I know a lot of bellends (not saying all their fans are) went for The Prodigy. Despite this though Sunday night in orange didn't seem as bad as last year, but that's probably due to cannisters being 'banned'.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?
Quote by DanRev
Pilled up kids arent the problem. Pilled up kids just want to have a laugh and a dance and see some cool things. It's the piss and cokeheads you have to watch out for.

They are when they act like complete fucking idiots. If people can't handle their booze/drugs/whatever, they shouldn't take them... Or, they should die.

Quote by Cal UK
Despite this though Sunday night in orange didn't seem as bad as last year, but that's probably due to cannisters being 'banned'.

That's because we were on lockdown...

There were massive fires I could see over in Yellow and Purple, but when I went for a piss in the bush (near the road through Yellow), security had sort of blocked it and were spraying people with fire extinguishers to get compliance
Quote by Chubbychunks
How did you find 65dos? I thought they were awesome, loads of people bouncing, even though some of them had never heard them before - shows how awesome they are.

Missed 'em, actually.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Ah very interesting, hang on mate, were you at Reading or Leeds?
Also

Quote by Cal UK
The jo public don't really listen to Metallica.

what
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by Hammerzeit
I'm not gonna go. That festival has sold out big time. Download for me. Have fun y'all.

This.
But muse would be worth watching simply for the live spectacle. I can't stand Greenday and im not a huge fan of blink. I think download and sonisphere are the places worth going now. Doubt Download will be better than this years one tho.
It's just frustrating when a good new band like In Case of Fire play an awesome set to no one, only to be followed by the appalling leathal bizzle who attracts one of the largest groups of ****wits i've ever seen in my life. That's signifies the end of reading to me.
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Quote by duncang
Also

what

They're a metal band aren't they, (or at least were) from what I've gathered most people I spoke to before the festival, (students, parents, work colleagues) were kinda ambivalent, mainly negative towards them.
Quote by Cal UK
Ah very interesting, hang on mate, were you at Reading or Leeds?

Reading... Looking at your location, I assume you were at Leeds. I just saw you mention orange and assumed you were on about Reading for some reason