Since im always looking around for new gear, i had this add fall into my eyes:
http://forum.zidaric.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=15430

you guys probably dont understand anything, but its basicly a Crate V50, all tube amp, with a Celestion Vintage 30 speaker. Ive checked the prices in stores and its around 450-470€ around here, but this guy is giving it away for 270, and i can probably haggle it down to 250. And on top hes giving a Mashal Shredmaster pedal.

I would use this amp for gigng and playing with my band, and we play some hard rock/punk/metal (Think from Rancid to Guns n roses to Metallica). Reviews say this amp is pretty durable so i have no problems with that, and im pretty carefull about my gear. But what about the sound? Im pretty certain that if the amp itself isnt capable of high gain, then my Tonbone Hot British pedal will be able to give me the sound i want (hell, it does the trick with my Peavey Bandit). So, what do you guys think, is it a good amp or a lousy one? Because in my eyes, this is a pretty good bargain.
Joža je kul. On ma sirove z dodatki pa hambije.
Its a good amp, I'd use the clean with your dist pedal rather than the OD, because the onboard OD is harsh. That price is a bit high though. These amps were discontinued when stores had a big stock still, so they were sold at less than half the original sticker, brand new. For that amp I'd say 200-250 is a good price.

Edit: Though I should say that the V30 is worth about $100 on its own, so he's actually not far off.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
well, i checked like 5 stores in my country that have this amp, and the price is over 400€ in every one of them. Gear is really expensive where i come from.
^ I'm assuming that's the video where he throws the amp and then keeps playing... I can't see it at work though. I always have thought, about those kinds of videos; they obviously open it up and tighten everything down first. That is how a perfectly put together model will react to that. Try that with one off of the shelf...
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
well i dont really have the intention of throwing it around. Im probably gonna take it, and if the onboard OD isnt enough, thats what pedals are for And since hes giving a marshall shredmaster with it for free, thats pretty awsome too.
Quote by gorkyporky
well i dont really have the intention of throwing it around. Im probably gonna take it, and if the onboard OD isnt enough, thats what pedals are for And since hes giving a marshall shredmaster with it for free, thats pretty awsome too.

Ya I say go for it. I miss my V33 all the time. It has very Voxy cleans, and it takes pedals very well. I've heard the 50 is pretty much the same. You may like the OD, it is just really dark and a little muddy.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
I'd say it's worth $250. It would be hard to beat at that price...

But this is not 250$ but 250EUR which should be around 355$.
And this is the worst version of CRATE V50.It is not very bad, but is not good either (for that money of course).