so im looking for a new amp to better suit what i play (and so i can hear myself over the drummer )

i play alot of acdc, black sabbath, SRV, clapton ect

price isnt a big issue, but im not needing anything huge since im not gonna be gigging or anything, any suggestions?
fender tube amp with overdrive can do all that well. i use a Fender Blues Deluxe...with that ya wont have any problems making everyone deaf! and its a 1x12:P i use that with a big muff, a Hardwire Tube Overdrive to get some nice classic rock crunch.

works good for me at least(going the clean combo tube amp and overdrive pedal)
I recommend the Budda Superdrive series.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
if you dont need anything huge, get a Blues Junior or a Pro Junio (both fender)

15 watts so you can turn it up a little to get some juice out of it, and some nice drive on there, easily boosted.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

but you cant really juice a 30 watter, if you do the result will be youll never hear another amp again.

Epiphone Valve juniors are good for cranking, especially when modded. The BH5H is good too, i rarely get to dime mine though

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

where do you live? that's going to affect availability and prices a lot, and therefore affect our recommendations.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
and the nifty thing about the AC4 is you can attenuate the power down to about 1/4 of a watt for mega saturation at whisper volume.

hes in Tennessee.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Last edited by Silver-spear94 at Sep 16, 2009,
Blackheart Little Giant + Fulltone OCD= Amazing.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
or even...

BH5H + 4x12 + Danelectro Cool Cat Drive = yum.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

as a foot note, i have one and i love it, it takes to pretty much anything very well.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

ok, thanks. yeah, if you're in the states, things like what you're already looking at are probably the best bet.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by HateToWin
so im looking for a new amp to better suit what i play (and so i can hear myself over the drummer )

I understand you're not gigging, but are you looking for a bedroom amp or something to carry around to jams? I'd get something more than 5W if you're going to be with a drummer, check out the 15W blackheart (handsome devil?)
Last edited by pak1351 at Sep 16, 2009,
5W is plenty enough to play blues over a drummer, and 5w cranked for hard rock and boosted is wayy enough.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTT!!!!!

Wait for the Marshall Class 5. I haven't yet, but it seems up your alley.