Alright. So the Gold Laces in my strat may have crapped out. (I don't know how, maybe it's just wiring) They seem to stop making sound or just decrease volume at random times.

This seems like an awesome excuse for new pickups. The Laces weren't doing it for me anyway

On the strat, I rock some RHCP, Umphrey's McGee, Pink Floyd, Porcupine Tree, King's X, the Thrice stuff where they started using Teles & Jags (Vheissu through Beggars), some RX Bandits maybe, Incubus, SRV, and in general some 90s alt rock, some classic rock. Thick, warm and chunky (double meanings, yeah I know, lololololol ). probably a lot to ask of single coils, will I be needing rails/stacked buckers?

(what's the difference between rails and stacked, tonally?)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND...

go!
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
Last edited by hotsnakes at Sep 16, 2009,
Decreased volume sounds like a jack or vol/tone pot issue. New pups are fine, but would hate to have the same problem after spending that kind of cash.
I'm gonna take a look at it regardless and probably get new pups anyway. So this is a suggestion thread at heart
'15 Fender Modern Player Tele
'88 MIK Squier Strat
'06 Ibanez RG5EX1
Peavey Vypyr 75

Currently GASing for: Orange TH30C
wish i would have got lindy fralin pups.

http://www.fralinpickups.com/

but instead got suhr pups, not really disappointed, they are actually really sweet. i love the hell out of them. but i have heard some incredible stuff about the fralins. suhr offers 50's and 60's style handwound strat pups.

i'm gonna check out those wolfe now, as i haven't heard of them. love finding new stuff
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Wolfe's humbuckers (Dr. Vintage, Marshallhead, Legends) are really well known and well received amongst les paul guys but I rarely hear his single coils get talked about. Still, if he can wind a single coil as good as he winds his humbuckers then they're almost sure to be spectacular.