Would a Bogner Ecstasy Classic (preferably) head + cab be too much wattage and volume for a band practice or for just playing in the bedroom? It's 100 watts, would it be difficult getting a good sound out of it if it isn't cranked high?
Sorry in advance if my terms aren't technical enough, but if I knew enough about it I wouldn't be asking

Thanks
The XTC, from my knowledge, is supposed to sound great regardless of volume.

Like most tube amps, it will just sound better the more you turn it up until a point.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quote by Gunner96
Would a Bogner Ecstasy Classic (preferably) head + cab be too much wattage and volume for a band practice or for just playing in the bedroom? It's 100 watts, would it be difficult getting a good sound out of it if it isn't cranked high?
Sorry in advance if my terms aren't technical enough, but if I knew enough about it I wouldn't be asking

Thanks

The Bogner Ecstasy is an amazing amp, even if you can't crank it. The way I see it, though, is that if you can afford one of those, you can surely afford an attenuator.
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by Gunner96
Oh okay, that's settled then, thanks

Make sure to post a NAD thread. I'd love to see some Bogner pr0nz!
Quote by sg4ever
+15,670,899,554,667,881,999

Quote by CullenT
+15,670,899,554,667,882,000
That was a post of sage advice. Listen to this guy TS.

Quote by AcousticMirror
my parents beat me for a's. I was like wtf and they were like just keeping you on your toes.

RG1570/PRS McCarty
Rebel 30
Quote by ibz_bucket
Make sure to post a NAD thread. I'd love to see some Bogner pr0nz!

Hopefully I will have it in a few months, in which case I will post an NAD thread
Quote by Gunner96
Hopefully I will have it in a few months, in which case I will post an NAD thread

are you buying used?

if you're buying new go for the 20th anniversary
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
great amp and even better sounding. if it has the 100/50/25 watt switch you would be fine at any volume
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
I played on at GC and detested it greatly. I played for only like 1 minute and had to turn it off. blech....not for me I guess. To each his own.
Origonally Posted by Lauke_101
And you're right

Gibson>Moog>KJL>Homebrew 2x12

Saving 4 any one of these:
Soldano Hot Rod
Splawn (anything)
Laney GH50L
Cornford Roadhouse
Marshall JCM2000
KJL 4x12 to match KJL head
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
are you buying used?

if you're buying new go for the 20th anniversary

This. I compared the two and much preferred the 20th. The Classic is great but the red channel just isn't as creamy as the 101b and 20th. The Plexi channel is better on the Classic though. My favorite cleans came out of the 20th, probably due to the 6L6 power section.

They all sound great at bedroom volumes but cranked they really come alive, much like other tube amps.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
the one i tried sounded really good at pretty low volumes. i can't remember which exact version it was, though, there are a bunch of different versions. All i remember is that it had the plexi mode switch on it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?