I'm doing a school project over Metalcore (I'm mostly trying to explain it's history); I chose this topic because I thought it would be no problem as it has such a short history (was not thinking here). I was planning on getting all my information from a few websites, and listing those as my sources (yes, we do have have to have a work cited page), but then she mentioned that we need to have two books or magazines as sources. Due to Metalcore being such a new genre, I'm not sure if it has many mentions in any books/magazines.

So, what I'm asking is if you guys can suggest any books/magazines that mentions Metalcore.

Yes, I do realize I was a total noob for choosing Metalcore as my topic .
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Any metalcore bands with books written about them?
Quote by babakkatt
Whats wrong with asking a girl what kind of cheese she likes?

LOUD NOISES
Go to the websites for magazines like AP or other magazines that talk about metal, metalcore and hardcore bands. They'll have tons of interviews, which is a direct source, which professors LOVE.
If you can, get Burning Fight, it's a book released by Revelation records. The guy who wrote it has a doctorate in English, which is pretty legit and it's a very very good book. Also, metalcore started roughly around 1989, so you've probably got a lot of reading/learning to do.
Quote by JxD
If you can, get Burning Fight, it's a book released by Revelation records. The guy who wrote it has a doctorate in English, which is pretty legit and it's a very very good book. Also, metalcore started roughly around 1989, so you've probably got a lot of reading/learning to do.

Yeah, I know, but compared to a lot of other genres it has a short history.

And, thanks for all the help, guys.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7
Should choose emo instead, the professors will be impressed because all they think it's Bullet For My Valentine. Emo thrived mid 90's as well.
Quote by BGSM
Should choose emo instead, the professors will be impressed because all they think it's Bullet For My Valentine. Emo thrived mid 90's as well.

yeah, i agree
i think it's probably more accessible as far as sources go
and is generally misunderstood by the public
I live in Oklahoma, everything that doesn't have use a banjo is either "Satan's music" (to the older folk) or "Screamo" (to the young, hip kids). Everything is misunderstood here, haha.

But, I might switch to Emo if you guys think it'll be easier for me to get those sources.
ESP Viper 1000 Deluxe

Peavey Vypyr 120 Head
ValveKing 4x12 Cab

ISP Decimator
Boss AC-2
Ibanez TS-7