I've recently been getting a twitch on the thumbs of my hands. It feels as though a tendon is pulling on the thumb, making it move. It started on my right hand, and now it's stopped there and moved to my left.

I've also had a twitch in my neck for the past couple years which I can control if I concentrate, but it causes me to shake my head, if ever so slightly. I've also gone through various facial twitches, such as one by my eyebrow, nostil, and squinting.

Anyone gone through the same thing? I'm just wondering how serious this could possibly be, as I'm only 16 and in good shape.
It could be a stress or muscle related thing, maybe try massage therapy? I would contact a doctor as soon as you can, to try to stop this thing.
Well the stress thing may factor in, although I'm usually pretty mellow. I do go to a private school though so homework and tests are always piling up, but I usually manage to keep on top of things without becoming too freaked out.
Used to happen to my leg, but that went away. I wouldnt worry. It does come back though when im high. But only if i sit still for a minute or two(the sinking feeling )
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Talk to your parents and have them set up a doctors appointment if you're concerned about it. Doesn't sound like anything serious though TS.
I can honestly say I have really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.

I don't always post on UG, but when I do, I post in the Pit. Stay thirsty my friends.
It happens to my right thumb occasionally when I'm hungover. I wouldn't worry about it, it may be to do with lack of sleep, stress or (assuming you're a guitarist) overworking the muscles in your hands. It should go away without needing to get professional help, but obviously if it doesn't within a few more weeks you might want to get it checked. I wouldn't worry too much though.
I'm so adjective, I verb nouns.
i get a twitch in my arms/neck :/ as with another poster, i get it more often and more intesley when im high :P
Quote by wonderflap
You had to put a penis option.......

The results are now nulled due to this being the pit.... The home of penis watch wearers.

Quote by TheChaz
Rust in peace invented food
he sure is one legit dude
don't let it get to your head

ಠ_ಠ
Do you drink a lot of soda? or anything with hella caffine in it? I used to drink a 5 hour energy every morning and my eye would twitch throughout the day. after i stopped drinking them the twitches stopped.
~Gear~
1958 Epiphone V
Epiphone Goth Les Paul
Fender Starcaster
ESP LTD B-50 Bass
Dean Playmate Acoustic

~Effects~
Digitech Deathmetal
Delay
Chorus
Synth
Box Of Metal
Big Muff Pi
Morley Wah
Nah not excessive amounts, I will try cutting back on my caffiene/sugar intake though and see if that helps, but I'm not having much junk as it is
Quote by HolyYetti
I've recently been getting a twitch on the thumbs of my hands. It feels as though a tendon is pulling on the thumb, making it move. It started on my right hand, and now it's stopped there and moved to my left.

I've also had a twitch in my neck for the past couple years which I can control if I concentrate, but it causes me to shake my head, if ever so slightly. I've also gone through various facial twitches, such as one by my eyebrow, nostil, and squinting.

Anyone gone through the same thing? I'm just wondering how serious this could possibly be, as I'm only 16 and in good shape.

You mean you have more thumbs?
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
I get that sometimes, some people have commented that it looks like i am about to laugh sometimes or say something, but it only comes occasionally and dosen't get in the way of my life.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
Recommended threads
Hand twitching
Michael-Mike
Last post:
by metallicafan616
Maton guitars
shiney_moondog
Last post:
by johnos