Well pit, i was going to start a band soon, but my friends decided to bail out, so it got me wondering, why does it seem that there are so many bands, yet so many unmotivated musician? (this is about my 4th attempt at starting up a band)

opinions? thoughts??

peacee
I can't get no Satisfaction.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Quote by ilovemusic41841
Well pit, i was going to start a band soon, but my friends decided to bail out, so it got me wondering, why does it seem that there are so many bands, yet so many unmotivated musician? (this is about my 4th attempt at starting up a band)

opinions? thoughts??

peacee

if your in high school, honestly high school musicians are incredibly lazy and its really hard to find devoted people, im not saying that they are all are but the general group are, i have the same problem man...
Gotta keep my eyes from the circling skies...
tounge tied and twisted just an earth bound misfit...

>CRYPTIC METAPHOR<

Quote by ilikepirates
ilikeyou.

not hated
Possibly part of the reason is many high school musicians think that the only thing to being dedicated to their music or being in a band is to be rockstars and see themselves not doing it-at least with you, so they don't want to give it a try.
Quote by bass-man9712
if your in high school, honestly high school musicians are incredibly lazy and its really hard to find devoted people, im not saying that they are all are but the general group are, i have the same problem man...

yeah its a f*!cking bitch to find poeple, cause i feel like i have all these idea but no one who wants to hear them or use them to make somehting with meaning.

++ those who do think they're godlike and don't need to contribute... god i hate high school for that reason
Well, in highschool, people generally have school above music. But there are dedicated musicians, just not out there because they're focusing on their studies. Muhammed Swicmez (forgive the spelling) focused on college studies, that's why there hasn't been a new Necrophgist ablum lately.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
Quote by bass-man9712
Yeah, i know it's so annoying. I can't even get a simple 3-piece up.
Just try and find people that seem dedicated, even if they aren't your friend.
Same problem here. Im in high school, and my band doesnt practice. Im always wanting willing and able to practice, and they just think, nahhhh, dont wanna. They also dont want to practice. Its easy to find a good musician around where i am, but impossible to find one that cares about playing.
Because everyone wants to be in a band, but doesn't realize it isn't quite the same as Rock Band.
Yeah, man, the first time I tried to form a band with my friends it didn't go so well.

We didn't have a drummer, my friend who was playing guitar never really practiced, my friend who we originally asked to play bass got bored after five minutes of band practice... It was a bad scene.

Luckily I found a couple of musicians who were more ambitious, and now we are well on our way to conquering the world.
People just seem to care less about music in general. I've been told by about 4 different people from 4 different bands that they'd like me to audition for them, and then I never heard from 'em again. SOMEbody out there must want to start a band, I just wish they were people I already knew!
I remember when I tryed to start a band, catastrophic, it was between the group of people I hanged out with in high school.
the problem was that we had 4 guitars, 1 drummer, who had never played drums before, and didnt had any drumming teacher, 1 bassist who couldn't play bass not even with a fox tied to his neck and 1 vocalist who couldn't sing a shi*
Apesto en el ingles como tu apestas en español
everyone wants to just be good and once they realize it actually takes a lot of hard work they bail out.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Uhh...why dont you put up flyers downtown? "NEED DEVOTED MUSICIANS" or some shiz. I see them here ALLLL the time. lots with tabs missing...so it must work
Quote by krisis99
Uhh...why dont you put up flyers downtown? "NEED DEVOTED MUSICIANS" or some shiz. I see them here ALLLL the time. lots with tabs missing...so it must work

yeah, me along with other friend did that, since as I mentionated my "Band" didnt had any experience doing what they were apparently doing in the band, only 2 of us actually had formal guitar lessons from a graduated proffesor
Apesto en el ingles como tu apestas en español
because the average 13-18 just plays tabs over and over, doesnt learn more than 3 chords, and lack a sense of rhythm, so they're scared as balls when they're actually faced with a band invite
Because most people in high school are douchebags, and you've got to find people who are both not douchebags and musically talented.
The playground of the world
lmfao...im dying to get in a band. I've only been playing 9 months but im starting to make my own **** cause im tired of tabs. it was nice to learn things from them and take lessons but now i want to learn to improv. I have my pent scales and scale chart if i need help with that so im good.
Quote by ilovemusic41841
yeah its a f*!cking bitch to find poeple, cause i feel like i have all these idea but no one who wants to hear them or use them to make somehting with meaning.

same here dude.
I have some friends that want to start a band but I really don't work well with them as musicians. You really have to click so speak with the other members and be able to create something you all enjoy playing that isn't boring. If I started a band with some of my good friends it would go nowhere but if I started it with people that are on the same page as I am musically it would work a lot better. Does that make any sense?
VOX AC15 Classic Combo
Gibson SG Menace
Parker p-42
AnalogMan modified TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss DD-20 Giga-Delay
Boss Compression sustainer
Maxon AF-9 Auto Filter Wah