So, a couple of years ago i bought this great Schecter guitar Hellraiser, you know EMG mics, floyd great finith.....etc.
with time i realize that this was not the guitar for me and i tried to sell it, hmmm didnt work, so im kind of stuck with it and the thing that bugs me the most is the FLOYD. ive been searching and it looks like i will never get rid of it. as i love vintage tremolo i started thinking. to do the next.

1. Block the tremolo so it can go only forward (drop strings)
2. Change the security nut for a standard one
3. change cheap tunners for locking ones

i know how to do 1 & 3, can you help me to do number 2. do you think it would work, recomendations?
it would fall out of tune as soon as you touch the trem if you take the locking nut off. Look at http://www.tremol-no.com/

EDIT: With locking tuners you'll probably be ok. My bad
Gear:
Squier Strat (modded)
Vintage SG
ESP-LTD Alexi 200
Epiphone Explorer Goth
Les Paul Build
Flying V Build
EH Metal Muff
Dunlop Cry Baby GCB95
Ashdown Fallen Angel 40
Quote by Ieuanm
it would fall out of tune as soon as you touch the trem if you take the locking nut off. Look at http://www.tremol-no.com/

EDIT: With locking tuners you'll probably be ok. My bad

Yeah.

And no, you need that locking nut.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the floyd should tune up as it normally does. the locking nut helps. it'll stay in tune better than an unlocked nut and locking tuners. it may not be noticeable though. and i hear the tremolo-no's arent that great try to find a goldo blackbox, apparently, they're the sh*t.