So I'm trying out for jazz band this year. My arch-nemesis at guitar has already tried out, and he has one thing that I don't : a hollow body electric guitar.

I have a solid body electric, and an electric-acoustic nylon string guitar, both Ibanez's, (he has an Ibanez too!) and I was wondering which one would be better to use, or which one has a better tone for Jazz. Any Ideas?

Thank you good sirs!
(or ma'am...)
One with the warmest neck pickup.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by StopReadingThis
So I'm trying out for jazz band this year. My arch-nemesis at guitar has already tried out, and he has one thing that I don't : a hollow body electric guitar.

I have a solid body electric, and an electric-acoustic nylon string guitar, both Ibanez's, (he has an Ibanez too!) and I was wondering which one would be better to use, or which one has a better tone for Jazz. Any Ideas?

Thank you good sirs!
(or ma'am...)

I would say neither of your guitars are ideal for the setting, but they are not grossly inappropriate either.

The fact that your nemesis has a guitar that is more typical for the genre shouldn't take anything from you if you work hard and fulfill your role in the band.

Just work on reading the charts. Either guitar should be okay for a school band situation.
shred is gaudy music
Last edited by GuitarMunky at Sep 16, 2009,