is there any confidentiality that a moderator on a forum has to keep?

like, are they in breach of anything if they posted someones details without the users permission?
cuz they are fools.

i just thought thered be some confidentiality stuff that there would be in place so that stuff like this is kept from the general public.
Quote by Well.......
I don't see why they would want to.

i do.......

enjoi yourself

Quote by Arrived+Dparted

Zeus's beard, I died of laughter
Do moderators even have access to IP adresses? I can only imagine the Russians having those.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by itchy guitar
Do moderators even have access to IP adresses? I can only imagine the Russians having those.

I'm almost certain they do. I'm sure they can IP ban, so it'd make sense that they can see the IPs that they're banning.
Quote by mangz_adr
like email addresses, links to personal profiles, pictures etc
They don't put email addresses in the public space unless you do.

Management of your personal profile is your own business.
If you want it private, make it so. Else it's in the public domain.
Same with any pics you upload.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by mangz_adr
is there any confidentiality that a moderator on a forum has to keep?

like, are they in breach of anything if they posted someones details without the users permission?

Nobody is going to tell anyone about your penectomy, your secret is safe with the mods
Quote by Minkaro
I'm almost certain they do. I'm sure they can IP ban, so it'd make sense that they can see the IPs that they're banning.

I thought about that, but then I thought that if it was something serious enough to get IP banned then maybe it would fall into an admin's hands.

Daytripper, can you enlighten us?
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
hahah nah its not this board. a different one.

as the usual forum rubbish goes, say **** to someone, they say something back etc etc

then a mod posted my details in the public sections.

i dunno, to me i just thought thered be some sort of thing where stuff like that is kept private unless the user gives persmission.
Quote by itchy guitar
I thought about that, but then I thought that if it was something serious enough to get IP banned then maybe it would fall into an admin's hands.

Daytripper, can you enlighten us?

They can see the IP addresses. They post them in the FotB all the time when someone starts to complain about not being a multi and they want proof.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
What's with the dancing avatar everyone has?
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Quote by mmolteratx
They can see the IP addresses. They post them in the FotB all the time when someone starts to complain about not being a multi and they want proof.

Ahh, Thank you. You see, I've never had the pleasure of going to the FoTB so I'm a little ignorant on the subject.
Quote by MakinLattes
Quote by mangz_adr
hahah nah its not this board. a different one.

as the usual forum rubbish goes, say **** to someone, they say something back etc etc

then a mod posted my details in the public sections.

i dunno, to me i just thought thered be some sort of thing where stuff like that is kept private unless the user gives persmission.
read the Terms of Service.

Each forum on the net will have different rules/guidelines.

/thread
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Im 69% sure that mods could post my IP address as well as naked pictures of me I didn't even know existed right now if they really wanted.
Goodness gracious me!
Quote by Bizarro
Im 69% sure that mods could post my IP address as well as naked pictures of me I didn't even know existed right now if they really wanted.

Carmel could. She can ban you from your own forum.....
I don't have access to any details really. I can get your IP and that's about it. Smods and admins can see your email. I'm assuming admins have access to any of the information you gave when registering for the site.

But I'm pretty sure there is nothing stating that I can't post things about you.
I never did because that would be a douchebag move, really...

As for posting stuff about the users. I remember Cas made a thread about some kid who posted his pic and got banned and everyone drew pictures of penis's on that dudes face.

So yeah, dont piss of the UG staff lol.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Last edited by Nelsean at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by daytripper75
I don't have access to any details really. I can get your IP and that's about it. Smods and admins can see your email. I'm assuming admins have access to any of the information you gave when registering for the site.

But I'm pretty sure there is nothing stating that I can't post things about you.

Can you mess about with signatures?

I had hours of fun editing people's signatures on another forum, just putting in little messages. Until they told me to behave myself
Quote by Minkaro
Can you mess about with signatures?

I had hours of fun editing people's signatures on another forum, just putting in little messages. Until they told me to behave myself

Regular mods can't. Smods and admins can change sigs, avatars, user titles, etc.
Quote by daytripper75
Regular mods can't. Smods and admins can change sigs, avatars, user titles, etc.

I can't remember who, but one mod changed this guy's name from "figs and bobos" to "fags and homos."

Quote by Tire Me.
I can't remember who, but one mod changed this guy's name from "figs and bobos" to "fags and homos."

That was Cas pwning figsandbobo.
I watched that. Funny stuff. He left it that way for a day or two.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
Quote by Tire Me.

I whink Wahappen changed Casualty01 to Penis_wrinkle back in the day

it's been ages since a mod's changed a name of someone.
Quote by daytripper75

I remember someone got into a "drunken bar fight" with a mod in the FOTB and lost a letter of his username in the brawl. I think it is still gone too.
Quote by CoreysMonster

Mr. French changed Duncang's name to a7x*something really long* awhile ago. Always messed up the forum layout.
Quote by whitenihilist
It really has been crashing and burning as of late. *sigh*

Even I can see that.
I think it's time for a change.

Sig v5.0 (approximate)
Quote by stepco12345
Mr. French changed Duncang's name to a7x*something really long* awhile ago. Always messed up the forum layout.

A7Xareabandwhohavecreatedmusicalworksthatienjoy

Some others:

SilentDeftOWNED

I_Finger_Small_Woodland_Animals

dReAdNoUgHt_LOLZ!

****bag_Cocksucker

Cas' Bitch

Frenchy****nut

won't STFU about blue

FrEnChY_fUnGuS_LOLZ

Silly_willy_Sugar_pants

Those were just names on the mod list. Not sure if they were all name changes or if any were joke accounts.
Quote by daytripper75
A7Xareabandwhohavecreatedmusicalworksthatienjoy

Some others:

SilentDeftOWNED

I_Finger_Small_Woodland_Animals

dReAdNoUgHt_LOLZ!

****bag_Cocksucker

Cas' Bitch

Frenchy****nut

won't STFU about blue

FrEnChY_fUnGuS_LOLZ

Silly_willy_Sugar_pants

Those were just names on the mod list. Not sure if they were all name changes or if any were joke accounts.

I remember most of those.
Quote by CoreysMonster

It wasn't that long ago when Carmel lost the "l" at the end of her name. That's pretty insignificant though.
Quote by MakinLattes