I saw this today @ a guitar shop in Dunedin, NZ. It's got some unique hardware. The shop owner is brokering the sale for a private owner. It's practically brand new with the plastic film over all the covers. The seller paid $2300 (NZ) and will negotiate any reasonable offer.

It's a Malcome Dixon "The Marvin" with Hank Marvin (whoever he is), from the "Shadows" (whoever they are) signature etched on the trem plate. The trem platte has cool "stomp" bars over it.

It's a pretty sick guitar.

Last edited by 667 at Sep 16, 2009,

that guitar is f-ing sick!
Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
HNGD, That's one unique guitar, dude! Hows it play?

EDIT: Whoops, sorry, just scanned the op. Got distracted by those pics
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
Last edited by sw1ss023 at Sep 16, 2009,
^Ha. I wish. I didn't buy it. I'm on the fence right now. I have a day to think about it.. and analyze my finances.

..but it played great. The action fit and finish was top notch. I didn't plug it in though.

I'm doing the tourist thing in NZ, so I had my camera on me. I took the photos in the shop. I'm s just posting pron.
Last edited by 667 at Sep 16, 2009,
I'm not really liking the headstock but my god that body is amazing! :O
Quote by EchoxOath
SG has officially won this thread.
Quote by RazorTheAwesome
there are no words to describe how truly epic this is.

Quote by SGstriker
I think you win the award for the coolest member of '08
too much for me......

but HNGD tho
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I hate zero frets.

That thing is good looking, though. Aside from the zero fret.
yuck yuck yuck and even more yuck!

looks terrible, but whatever
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
i dig it!
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^he didn't buy anything IP

Opps the amps in the back ground and quality of the pictures threw me off. Plus the main factor is its late and I dont read after 8pm

Oh well sh!t happens

Just imagine im telling him congrats on the find and what an honor it is to see a guitar he is into..
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^I don't really care IP - you know me. Just jackin'

HNGF TS.

F = find - not FFFFUUUUUU

I know , and like wise as always I try and head off my f*ck ups before the bandwagon kicks in
eh not my thing really but hey not my guitar HNGD

oh some info on hank marvin he was using the vox ac15 but wasnt happy with the wattage so he sent it back to vox and vox fixed it by making the ac30. He also plays stratocasters.
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

........that would be me
Quote by SGburnsRED
I'm not really liking the headstock but my god that body is amazing! :O

Yup.

Butter Face.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I guess I'm the only one that doesn't care for it

Sorry 667!

Well, for those that need more Guitar pr0n go here:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=684401&page=1&pp=20

Holy ****.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
I hope he's not being serious about Hank Marvin and the Shadows (Whoever he/they are lol!)

I'm not sure where the Malcolm Dixon name is coming from though. It definitely looks like a Burns from where I'm sitting.

Anyway, it's quite nice, but I much prefer the Cobra and Batwing models they make (due to lack of FUGLY headstock)
^ Must be the name they sell it under out of the UK?

I can never make up my mind about the burns guitars, in some lights they're hideous and in others quite nice.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

you should be shot for not knowing who hank marvin is
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I usually vomit at the sight of guitars like that but it's pretty nice actually. HNGD.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
you don't know who the shadows are????? think shadoogie or apache

get it!
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Eww...

311 That link is rediculous. I could literally spend weeks in that shop and still not play everything I want to.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
That's a freaky headstock, but what a nice guitar! HNGD man
Fender Lite Ash --> TC Polytune --> Digitech Whammy V --> MXR Phase 90 --> EHX Small Clone --> Strymon Orbit --> TC Flashback X4 --> Rivera R55
... You don't know who Hank Marvin is?

Dude, GTFO this forum and come back when you can actually call yourself a guitarist

Seriously, listen to the Shadows. Hank Marvin was turning heads before you were born in all probability.
hasn't that Burns been out for quite while now?
Quote by Kensai
You'll find whisky very different, but try it and you'll grow into it, soon you and whisky are one, but still two, lovers dancing across a frozen lake under moonlight, wrapped in honey and warmth.

Sums up whisky perfectly
How foolish of me to not know who this guy is....

From Wiki...

"Afrikaa Bambaataa cited the group's (Shadows) first UK number one single "Apache" as a big influence, though it is likely that Bambaattaa was referring to the cover of Apache by The Incredible Bongo Band (which was massively popular amongst early hip hop DJs due to the extended bongo break)."

You people who expect me to know who this cat is are silly.
You people who berate because I don't know are a$$holes that need to get over yourselves.

After reading Wiki, this guy is way meh to me. A couple of impressive names that were influenced by him...but still nothing I would ever be into.

Here's another excerpt from the Wiki entry...
"Although neither Marvin nor the Shadows were ever well known in the United States, "
Last edited by 667 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by 667
How foolish of me to not know who this guy is....

From Wiki...

"Afrikaa Bambaataa cited the group's (Shadows) first UK number one single "Apache" as a big influence, though it is likely that Bambaattaa was referring to the cover of Apache by The Incredible Bongo Band (which was massively popular amongst early hip hop DJs due to the extended bongo break)."

You people who expect me to know who this cat is are silly.
You people who berate because I don't know are a$$holes that need to get over yourselves.

After reading Wiki, this guy is way meh to me. A couple of impressive names that were influenced by him...but still nothing I would ever be into.

Here's another excerpt from the Wiki entry...
"Although neither Marvin nor the Shadows were ever well known in the United States, "

How seriously do you have to take it? Nobody on here was berating you; anybody that told you to get off the forum or kill yourself or give up guitar was joking. Nobody was being an asshole.

Fact is Hank Marvin's a brilliant guitarist, and a legendary one as well (the Shadows weren't so popular in America but the fact is that most guitarists have heard of Hank). It would be worth your while to listen to a bit of his playing even if it's not your thing. I'm fairly sure you'll recognize Apache, for one.

The Shadows are also far more famous than your Wiki entry makes out; many would call them seminal.

The Burns is a nice guitar, yeah. I suggest you check out the Burns website because they all have that same retro cool factor.
I want that guitar so bad
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger