hey

so im lookin to how i can get that thick punchy distortion sound,

im thinkin i might need some sort of compressor pedal as well as a decent OD pedal.
ive got a blackstar HT-5 head, marshall 1922 2x12 and a MXR 10 band EQ in the effects.

kinda lookin for a
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_-M4XCLEcQ
kinda sound

so anyone help?
or am i looking at a new amp?
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
A compressor is the last thing you want to put over a dirty amp. You'll lose all dynamics and to me, that's the thing to look for in an amp.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
a compressor set right wont kill your dynamics, but the idea is to limit them. so i agree that a compressor is probably not the way to go. getting your EQ set right is probably the first step, and i would also make sure you have that ISF control (or whatever its called) set more towards the american sounding side. from the brief part of the song i listened to, i would say that would be a good place to start. most of the time people recomend a tube screamer style overdrive to tighten up the gain, but in this case i might go with something a bit more flat response. american voiced amps usually have a dip in the mids, so the mid hump in a ts would help even that out a bit. however i didnt really find the ht-5 as scooped sounding. so maybe an overdrive with a bit of a more flat response would help tighten up the gain a bit without overly pushing the mids.

to be fair i didnt get to really mess with the amp, so i could be wrong. thats just the impression i got when i did play it.
BB preamp is the perfect amp booster, and with that gear you should be just fine without it.

What are you running your settings at right now, cause they could be horribly flawed if you really cant get a good sound, and what guitar as well?
The isf is always on the American side. My settings change a lot cuz I change them for every style I play. (was playing funk yday) my guitar I normally play is my mh400nt.
What settings would you recomend? Or is it a case of me looking for my own sound?

Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
anyone else?