im looking for a good actually not good an awesome neck and middle pickup for my strat. i want a pickup thats more for rock/alernative/bluesy style
Couple quick things: What amp do you use primarily? What guitar is it? (beyond just "a strat") Is there a specific band's tone you're aiming for?
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
Quote by bv310
Couple quick things: What amp do you use primarily? What guitar is it? (beyond just "a strat") Is there a specific band's tone you're aiming for?

im not using an amp. im using a line6 podx3live that run straight to our PA.

guitar it self i dont really know anything about, except its a mexican made fender strat.

as for the last question. there's no specific band's tone im aiming for. just looking for an awesome sounding pick up for the neck and middle. but if i had to name, i would say the journey like neil schon, but i know it'll be hard since he uses a lespaul, and also tone like joe bonamassa, again a lespaul user. haha. and dont say "just buy a lespaul" lol i dont have enough money at the moment . so yeah. i also like the tones of SRV, clapton,mayer, andy timmon, and erick jonhson to name a few. lol does that help?
I doubt pickups will improve your tone very much, if at all, if you're playing through a line6 pod with no amp.
"In modern music, a lot of people are really stuck on the example, asif it were the idea. It takes millions of examples to articulate an idea, so don't get stuck on the f*cking example." - Joshua Homme, 2008.
I wouldn't do that to you.

A MIM Strat is routed for HSH, so it wouldn't be hard to add in a humbucker for the ehavier stuff. For the SRV/Clapton blues stuff, a goood overwound blues middle would probably be good. If you really, really like your bridge pickup as it is, you could mod the 'bucker into the neck. It might look a bit odd, but it should work.

Also, PA-ing your guitar will not give you good tone whatsoever. You'd do better investing in a good tube head, and then run that into the PA, or just mic a cab.

For pickup recommendations, I'd say a good Seymour Duncan humbucker and a nice Single coil (I'd test them out, I can't guarantee anything)

Quote by bv310
I wouldn't do that to you.

A MIM Strat is routed for HSH, so it wouldn't be hard to add in a humbucker for the ehavier stuff. For the SRV/Clapton blues stuff, a goood overwound blues middle would probably be good. If you really, really like your bridge pickup as it is, you could mod the 'bucker into the neck. It might look a bit odd, but it should work.

Also, PA-ing your guitar will not give you good tone whatsoever. You'd do better investing in a good tube head, and then run that into the PA, or just mic a cab.

For pickup recommendations, I'd say a good Seymour Duncan humbucker and a nice Single coil (I'd test them out, I can't guarantee anything)

i would buy a really good tube heard but i dont have the money for them. thats why im stuck to just upgrading my pickup which cost between 70-100 dollars compare to a new guitar/amp that cost between 700-2000 dollars. haha so yeah. yeah runing to Pa without an amp isnt so bad. if you check out Lincoln brewster, he has some good tones and he run straight to the PA too.
You can pick up a good tube head for 300-400, if you buy in store. Usually a store will knock off a bit of the price if you hesitate a bit. Blackstar HT-5 mini-stack is only 400, and it sounds pretty awesome (My little brother's got one)

But you're right about Lincoln Brewster.