I know there's a thread about sleeping patterns but this one is dealing with those of us who , like myself have managed to warp our sleeping pattern so much we're on a similar timescale to people thousands of miles away! xD

I somehow managed to wake up at half 4 in the afternoon today and its never earlier than 3. I seem to go to the alarm clock and turn it off without realising like some sort of mentalist.

Who else is in this terrible vicious cycle and what can be done to fix the sleeping pattern?

PS: The other thing is my college time is only 2 days a week from next thursday onwards! xD So there may be little hope
allnight one night feel like **** the whole of the next day then pass out at midnight and ull b bak on track xD, but staying awake that whole day is some fecking hard work
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
I used to sleep like that... you either have to go somewhere that is on a different timezone than you, or slowly change your sleeping pattern like 30-60 minutes at a time. Atleast, that's what I've had to do.
I work 2 shifts: 11pm-7am and 3pm-11pm. 3 days at 3-11 and 2 days at 11-7.

My sleep pattern is gone, I just randomly pick when I want to sleep, and then wake up 7 or 8 hours later. It was tough getting used to and I am usually pretty tired, but you gotta do what you gotta do.
Quote by Xenogis
I used to sleep like that... you either have to go somewhere that is on a different timezone than you, or slowly change your sleeping pattern like 30-60 minutes at a time. Atleast, that's what I've had to do.

Same here.

I think i've found "home" in this thread :3.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
The only problem is it starts to become unhealthy / anti social like...

For instance, the other day i woke up at 5pm and was meant to be down the pub for about 7 ... This meant technically i'd had breakfast then had pints of bitter for lunch O_O. It seems normal cus its the afternoon but then you realise how messed up the whole thing is haha
Put your alarm clock on the other side of your room so you'll be forced to get up, walk over to it and turn it off. Also leave a glass of water by it too - drinking a glass or two of water in the morning will get your body going as it's a bit dehydrated after you sleep.
Quote by Zaphikh
Put your alarm clock on the other side of your room so you'll be forced to get up, walk over to it and turn it off.

This method gets old.

Very fast.

Quote by Zaphikh
Also leave a glass of water by it too - drinking a glass or two of water in the morning will get your body going as it's a bit dehydrated after you sleep.

This is worth a shot. It actually sounds different than all the copy-pasted responses people get when they mention problems with getting up in the "morining" (morning being relative to whenever we can actually get up).

I might try this.

|_|0|_|
|_|_|0|
|0|0|0|
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
Quote by Zaphikh
Put your alarm clock on the other side of your room so you'll be forced to get up, walk over to it and turn it off. Also leave a glass of water by it too - drinking a glass or two of water in the morning will get your body going as it's a bit dehydrated after you sleep.

I think i'll try this.

I only drink coffee in the morning though. I sometimes have a glass of water in the early morning if the coffees taken abit of a toll.
I can't sleep before 6-7am. So I usually wake up at 3-4ish. Have done for the last 3 years.

Have you tried any sleeping pills? Nip down to the pharmacy and pick up some Nytol (diphenhydramine hydrochloride) and try one of them every other night (preferably one every other two nights) for a few weeks to wean you back into something normal. If you can, explain all your **** to your GP and try get some Zolpidem sleeping pills. I was prescribed these for the very same problem, and they help with anxiety (which could, and in my case is, the reason you can't sleep).

You could try the staying up all night thing - get up at your usual 4pm. Then stay up till 9ish the next night (I find if I do this I sleep for 12 hours pretty consistently) and then you should wake up at a decent time the next morning. I'm doing this tonight. (4.12am here atm). It usually helps me maintain something decent for a few days if I have important **** on.

Best thing to do is get a job that has an early start.
Evolution 101

Get down Moses - part another sea,
Carve another tablet out of L.S.D.
Quote by Zaphikh

this is what I do... minus the glass of water

and weekday or weekend the first thing I do when I get up is my shower, and I end it with like 2-3 mins of cold-ish water. starting a shower warm and ending cold is good for your hair, skin, curculation, wakes you up. trust me its worth it
Bands I must see in concert
Silvertide
The Black Crowes
Jackyl
Black Stone Cherry
AC/DC
StoneRider
Freedomhawk
The Darkness and/or the sideprojects of the band members
Buckcherry
The Answer

Theres more. But those are the main ones
Too many sleep threads!

I suck at sleeping. I always wake up when I don't want to, and fall asleep when I don't want to.
The playground of the world
I'm inevitably tired, no matter how long I sleep. So I make the most of it by only sleeping from about 1 to 2 a.m. to 6:30 am.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115