Ever heard someone speak jibberish or just not make sense when there half asleep?

Page 1 of 2
Or even when there asleep? Just then i walked into my brothers room (hes sleep) and he just stares at me for 5 seconds and says ' I .... dooont know.'

On another occasion my sister was trying to sleep with the hall light on and she said ' turn the back off' and i just said what?. She just kept saying jibberish.

so Pit , has this happened to a friend or family member of yours? or have you done it yourself?
A fellow member on here was sleeping and just murmured.

"Random Mustaches."
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
yeah dude my friend always says random sht when he's goin to sleep. i usually just slap em and he stops.
Quote by tancanada
He's from Arkansas. Of course he wants to eat it.

Quote by thsrayas
Why did women get multiple orgasms instead of men? I want a river of semen flowing out of my room to mark my territory.

Quote by ikitson
im drunk idc

( . Y . )
I once spent the night at a friend's house. In the middle of the night, I suddenly jumped up and began to shout, "Tell her to stop throwing ****ing knives at my face!" I fully awoke following that. It was a good time.

EDIT: IS THAT GOOD ENOUGH?!?!?!?!
Gear
Highway One Tele (w/Custom Shop 51 Nocaster pickups)
Standard Tele (modded to Nashville specs)
Reverend Roundhouse

Orange Rockerverb 50 MKI
Vox AC4c1
Jet City JCA20H

And pedals!

"Shiva opens her arms now..
...to make sure I don't get too far"
Last edited by barden1069 at Sep 16, 2009,
I think the bigger problem here is that you are watching your siblings sleep.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
My sister and dad do it... Even when they are wide Awake.

As for me, I wake up at 5 in the morning and I instantly have normal thoughts and everything. And when I go to sleep I have a constant stream of thoughts then out of nowhere I'll be asleep so sadly I'm never really in the zoned out place.

I wish I could be tired
I went to wake up my friend/roommate before I left for class one day, and when I walked into his room to get him up, he said, "Oh yeah, just come in here and wake me up once. That's TOTALLY enough to get me up. I'm totally awake now, don't worry. You can leave." I was almost late for class, so I had to leave anyways, but he went back to sleep. He sounded so convincing though!
Quote by Trefellin
You know a music scene is fucked up when it becomes difficult to keep track of who killed who, who committed suicide and who alledgedly engaged in cannibalism.

LastFM
My friend once sat up in the middle of the night and yelled to his brother: "Travis, give me my pants back! Give me my pants!" (suspect incest)

Another time he started shouting that there was a grenade about to go off (suspect drugs)
The playground of the world
Quote by barden1069
One time i was at a friends house and we were all sleeping and then i just like jumped up and started screaming 'TELL HER TO STOP THROWING ****ING KNIVES AT MY FACE!!!" over and over and then i came too all the way... lol good times

This is why I preach the importance of grammar. I took this to mean "I also came", and got really scared.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
they're*

You're welcome, TS.

EDIT: Also, TS, have you ever heard someone speak jibberish or just not make sense while completely aware and conscious?
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Last edited by nexteyenate at Sep 16, 2009,
A few years back I had a friend staying over, he sits up while I'm playing the PS2 and proudly proclaims "You're dead to me!" and goes back to sleep.
One time one of my buddies was spending the night. There were a couple people there as well, but this one in particular was the only one asleep. Anyway, he was sleep talking something, so we whispered to him that his mom told him to clean the garage. And he was so f*cking close to doing it. He was right at the garage door when he turned around and said lazily, "Did my mom really tell me to clean the garage?" He then turned around and went back to bed.

Q#m
e|--6--|
B|--5--|
G|--7--|
D|--7--|x2586
A|--5--|
E|-----|

Play until she breaks up with you.

The most brutal band to ever exist is...

You should go like them...even if you don't like them.

-Sloppyjoe24
As I'm falling asleep, I'm always randomly thinking of stuff (it actually keeps me from sleeping sometimes), but I can tell when I'm close to falling asleep because I start realizing that the things I'm thinking don't make any sense. I can't think of anything specific, but it'll just be like connections from one thing to another, or I'll think some statement, then realize it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.
I caught my brother doing something like a cheerleading routine in his sleep. He said "One two three, GO!" and put his fist in the air. And I lol'd
Quote by IEatOrphans
I do this, every night.

Isn't it awesome when you realize you just made not the slightest bit of sense?

I also once had a friend of mine who was asleep, put her hand to her forehead as if she was scratching it, and say ow. I didn't know she was actually asleep, so I asked if she had just poked her eye or something of the sort. The answer I got was : "No. I just shoved a pile of snow in my face."
Quote by dark&broken
As I'm falling asleep, I'm always randomly thinking of stuff (it actually keeps me from sleeping sometimes), but I can tell when I'm close to falling asleep because I start realizing that the things I'm thinking don't make any sense. I can't think of anything specific, but it'll just be like connections from one thing to another, or I'll think some statement, then realize it made absolutely no sense whatsoever.

I always do this. Whenever i try to make sense of what i was thinking i cant because none of it makes sense. Its all very random...
I have no friends...

Feuer Frei....BANG BANG!!!!!
My sister speaks jibberish when shes sleeping.

She also has night terrors and has the tendancy to scream in her sleep. It used to piss me off when I was younger. ><"
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
My cousin says the weirdest, queerest ****.

"uh! oh shemale fruit...."
"no **** you, stop touching me!"

Hahaha so funny
Guitars
Gibson Les Paul Studio Alpine white
Agile Al-2000 59' LP
Fender Frankenstrat
Amps
Line 6 Spider III 75
Effects
Dunlop Slash SW-95 Wah
Digitech Grunge pedal
I usually say weird stuff.

One time in particular, I was half asleep and my gf was laying next to me watching TV. Suddenly, I imaged the entire bed covered in gum wrappers and in a half-retarded voice asked her how many pieces she had chewed.

Even funnier, she answered. She said, "Only 1! Why?!" I guess she thought I was talking about earlier when she took a piece out of my pants pocket and thought I was mad at her now.
Quote by mh400nt
Me too man, I cant remember ever actually laughing out loud for ages due to the internet, omegasus is just....hes just awesome

Quote by Smokey Amp
I'm pretty sure guys don't get breast cancer.
Me and a bunch of people were sleeping over at a friends house, and he was the first one asleep. He out of nowhere said "twelve strings is enough" and that was it. He said he didn't remember it.

One time my friend took some Vicodin when I was at his house, and took a nap because he was feeling drowsy. I woke him up and here was the convo:

"Dude, get up your mom made dinner."
"I am.... I already ate dinner"
"What, no you didn't. You've been asleep."
"Wake-up drumsticks. (moves hands in a fashion like drumming"

I lold .
Yeah, my old roommate used to talk in his sleep all the time. Most of the time it was jibberish, but he would also talk about fighting people quite a bit, and sometimes he would just string together some swear words.
My dad is the one. He usually falls asleep while watching tv at night and sometimes if you try to wake him up he'll look like it even though he isn't. One ime i remember i waited for him to wake up to ask him a question and he answered something that had completely nothing to do with the question. I asked him a question like "How'd you golf today?" or something - not a yes or no question, but he'll say yes or no like it is.

It's pretty lulz worthy when it happens.
There's no death, no end of time when I'm facing it with you...
Never heard anyone do this as I'm normally the one who talks the gibberish.
"If you don't show it, I cannot grope it."

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.."
My brother was alseep one time, he was sing "I don't want to set the world on fire" over and over, it was hysterical.
One time me and my girlfriend were sleeping in my bed and I was on the brink of sleep. The conversation went like this:
I turned and said to her

"Honey, we have to leave, the men are coming in right now to change the floor tiles"
"What are you talking about?"
*getting upset* "We have to leave! They are coming to change the floor tiles!"
"Spencer...its 2 AM. Nobody is coming to change the floor."
"Oh, ok. Goodnight"

and I fall into sleep.

The weirdest part, I was awake in my mind. I remember saying that perfectly and remember thinking at the time that I was totally awake and totally thought there were people coming to change my floor, and was only convinced otherwise when I was told it was 2 AM. I remember all that perfect and it only seems strange now looking back on it.
Quote by bucktheduck

Call me troll, call me psychopath. In the end, I shall stand above you all as you drown in a pool of sex and filth. It will explode your corrupted bodies, and I will walk above the wreckage as a pure man.

Quote by DieGarbageMan

Haggard13 i are impressed
once my mom was sleeping while me and my sister were talking
and she said "did you know that the sharks attack in five seconds?"
she said like 5 months ago "buy a straw, no, buy a cup, no, buy a straw and a cup"
and like 3 months ago she said "bless the girl with the box"
Hola.
Me and two cousins were watching 28 Days Later really late at night once, and one of them fell asleep. The other got up to go to the bathroom, and while she was gone my sleeping cousin sat up, moved her purse two feet to the left, then laid back down. I was like wtf? Then she came back and was like, "why would you move my purse?"

It's pretty hilarious but I guess you had to be there.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
My friend started yelling fire one night.I'm glad no one else heard and thought there actually was.
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Haha. I love this thread so much.

Recently, I am the one who has started to speak jibberish in my sleep.

Story No. 1:
Apparently, I was at a friends sleepover and we were playing video games and stuff until about 3 am. I passed out and somewhere between 5-6 am, I sit up start laughing out of nowhere: "HAHAHA stupid duck!" followed by: "Where's my....hat...?"
I don't wear hats...

Story No. 2:
I conquered my friend's bed and we both ended sleeping on the same bed. Out of nowhere I throw my arm on him and say "No, Patrick..." He then says "Haha. What the fcuk? Dude, wow." I reply with "I...said NO PATRICK..!" and proceed to turn around to b!tch -slap him silly.
His name isn't "Patrick"...and needless to say, I got shoved off the bed that night.
Quote by dark&broken

I do this a lot too. I'm glad someone else does because I only just started doing it and was beginning to worry I was going insane. I mean, some of the stuff would just be so random like foxes asking my teacher for jam and stuff
You are like a hurricane
There's calm in your eye.
And I'm gettin' blown away
To somewhere safer
where the feeling stays.
I want to love you but
I'm getting blown away.
My dad used to laugh in his sleep, it was a really low pitched laugh as well, it echoed through the house.

I have said some wierd things in my sleep but i can't remember off the top of my head, but this one time i was on holiday with a few friends, apparently i slept face down and completely straight, which i can believe as my face and back hurt like hell the next day.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
On a skiing trip in Austria my friend randomly said NOOOO.....NOOO.....IT'S CHAINED TO THE WALL in his sleep.

Later that night, i woke up to find myself covered in blood.

...turns out i had an epic nosebleed. Turns out he didn't knife me after all
Me and some friends were in Spain and got back from a club at about 9am. One of our friends just wiped out and fell asleep there and then and just kept saying "no guys, i need my fan to sleep wheres my fan i need my fan" haha

i do it a lot, according to my girlfriend, but not even english words, just bull****. Much like when im awake too.
I know I am a constant sleep talker. I have been told that I can speak fake wannabe german in my sleep ( no i don't speak german awake ). I've also had many times where I am partially awake and said crazy ass **** to whoever was awake, and then I wake up and ask them "Wait what did I just say ? Aww godamnit why the **** did I say that.. ?"

I have a funny ass video of one time I might just have to post up.

There's been times where I was yelling about Ak47's and Nuclear bombs. One time I just sat up and yelled "GET THAT N1GGA!" and rolled back over. ( Hell no I am not racist, mabye when I'm asleep though. I mean sheit I speak wanna be german )
Page 1 of 2