Would be interested in trading his Les Paul Custom lite for my ESP LTD KH-603.

I just wanted some background info on the Les Paul lite.

Do you people see a problem in my end in this deal?

His guitar has some scratches but it's nothing i'd go ape**** over.

What do you all think?

http://houston.craigslist.org/msg/1376764445.html
i would keep the ESP

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
I think you're in the wrong forum. That's what I think. LOL.

*moved to electric forum*
Equipment:
- Art & Lutherie Cedar CW (SOLD! )
- Martin D-16RGT w/ LR Baggs M1 Active Soundhole Pickup
- Seagull 25th Anniversary Flame Maple w/ LR Baggs Micro EQ

Have an acoustic guitar? Don't let your guitar dry out! Click here.
I would really give that small scratch in the head stock a closer look it almost looks like a crack and right in the spot Les Pauls usually break. Another thing that seems off to me is if it's an 80s model how could the serial number be worn off. I have to check my blue book but I think in the 70s Gibson when to a stamped in the wood serial number system they still use today. It would take a lot to wear away. It has the volute in the back of the head stock so that came into play during the Norlin years between 70 and 82 I think and discontinued after that. I can't be 100% because I really need to look thru my books. I can't tell but it looks like the front of the headstock is blurred I do not see the split diamond inlay but it could be just a bad pic. Ask for pics of the front, side and back of the headstock and post them if you can.

John
That thing on the back of the neck does kind of look like a crack...I'd watch out for that.
Quote by JAustinMunn

My first guitar still has residue from an unfortunate ranch dressing incident

Quote by jpnyc
I played this guitar once. It unleashed the ****ing fury and I got kicked out of Guitar Center.
You've already got a Gibson. Keep the ESP for versatility (unless you really don't like the ESP...in which case go for it)

Quote by utmbarto
That thing on the back of the neck does kind of look like a crack...I'd watch out for that.
It's not. It's just a scratch. I've got heaps on my old guitar.
Last edited by 1nSingularity at Sep 17, 2009,
How many serial numbers 'wear' off?
Seagulls,the chicken of the ocean.

Originally posted by Gunpowder:
Everyone just jumps on the bandwagon and gives the same advice in these situations. You know what? I'm going to be different. Call the firemen.
Quote by Ian hawkins
How many serial numbers 'wear' off?

They don't because they are engraved into the back. If his "wore" off then it is probably a fake that had a painted on serial.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
Give it a try first, that "Scratch" on the back doesn't look too healthy.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
That "scratch" on the top of the neck looks awfully shifty to me. More like a crack, and that's bad business. I wouldn't trust it not to spread.

Plus, aside from the skull inlays (just not my -style-), the KH is a great guitar. Neck through with a floyd rose? Delicious. Alder is also an amazing tone wood.

I'm not the biggest fan of EMG's. But that's a quick pickup swap for me.
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
I have seen some guitars where it looked like someone sanded or tried to alter a serial numbers.

If it had a head stock repair in the past it's possible they sanded and repainted the headstock covering the numbers but as far as a stamped in the wood numbers go it's not in a place that see's wear at all. The other thing that I didn't mention is the fact he's willing to trade a guitar he's asking 1700 bucks for a LTD model that is worth a lot less than that. Truthfully I would never pay $1700 for a Norlin era Gibson Les Paul especially in that condition. Several years ago I could get them for around $500.00 or less. The price guides might say a guitar is worth more but truthfully it all depends on the economy and how desperate some one is for cash.

John