Sounds amazing. I want to try out all the amps in the background too....

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
That is a great sounding amp but, the greatest? I'd have to say a bogner shiva holds that title
i mean its not my favorite sound, but i do think it sounds pretty good. When he's playing through the neck pickup it reminds me a lot of hendrix's tone.
It probably would sound better if the recording hadn't been put on YouTube.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
I love old marshalls. its damn near impossible to have a bad tone with a wonderful vintage marshall
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
old supro... i win.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
I almost forgot about the guitar being played too, 1959 les paul standard, a real beauty as well...
Eh, based on that I prefer the Mojaves I've played.

EDIT: I do love that 64 sandwich panel though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Last edited by mmolteratx at Sep 16, 2009,
I do too, the sandwich panel sounds the best with the les paul's neck pickup, but the chirpy bridge tone of the block logo blonde head is just too much tone...
I don't know if it is the 'best' but I'm a sucker for that tone. Very bitey, and spanky and singy!

Can that amp do some br00talz too?

PS: wow they have a ton a Cornfords and some more block letter marshalls in the back. I take it the guy doesn't work there as he said 'it was one of the best I've played so far today'
the guy owns the shop, I think he meant that it was the best of the JTM45s he played (he played three different ones) the '65 model (block logo) was moving closer and closer to your typical JTM45 transitioning to plexi spec whereas the off set logo is really a Bassman with Celestions. But he's definitely got a cool collection of vintage amps, has a JTM45/100 too with KT88s whcih sounds killer as well, but nothing gets that bluesy, singing perfect blend of Fender and Marshall tone like a JTM45 w/ KT66s.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by JLT73
I love old marshalls. its damn near impossible to have a bad tone with a wonderful vintage marshall

same here dude
Nice amp, but the compression from the camera gets really get annoying and knida ruins it
ah ^ I see al112987.

Have you been there? Based on the view out the window it doesn't look like your typical retail outlet.

Now I'm gassing hard for a Nitro with KT66s

PS - I think I've memorized your user name finally al112987. Damn it wasn't easy

PSS - classicrocker01 - I bumped your clip in the VK thread
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 16, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
ah ^ I see al112987.

Have you been there? Based on the view out the window it doesn't look like your typical retail outlet.

Now I'm gassing hard for a Nitro with KT66s

I haven't I actually just stumbled upon the clips whilst looking for JTM45 clips on youtube, and it turned out the topic was talked about at the LPF and one of the members there knows the owner. But I checked out their website, basically... really expensive stuff, vintage guitars, vintage amps, a lot of high end new amps as well, Blockhead, Soldano, Cornford, etc. I doubt I'd ever be in Minnesota but if I ever go by there, I'd definitely go check that place out.

PS - I think I've memorized your user name finally al112987. Damn it wasn't easy
You know it's weird I started using this username b/c I wanted something neutral, etc. etc. but now after having it all this time I want to change it. I'd start another account but seriously, there are too many people who know me by this on this site and I have too many posts under here that it'd just be pointless.
Quote by al112987
I haven't I actually just stumbled upon the clips whilst looking for JTM45 clips on youtube, and it turned out the topic was talked about at the LPF and one of the members there knows the owner. But I checked out their website, basically... really expensive stuff, vintage guitars, vintage amps, a lot of high end new amps as well, Blockhead, Soldano, Cornford, etc. I doubt I'd ever be in Minnesota but if I ever go by there, I'd definitely go check that place out.

Minnesota? I'm road tripping up North next summer, I might have to go check it out. What's the name of the shop?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by a7xplayer
Sounds nice, not necessarily my kinda amp, its a little to aggressive for me, especially when playing cleans. But I see why people would like it. Anything like a distortion channel or overdrive on it?
Nah, only a bright and normal channel which aren't switchable, no real distortion or clean channel and no master volume,

it's hard to tell because of the limiter on the mic, but the amp is probably cranked to somewhere around 7 or 8 which is loud enough to blow someone's socks off. Guy probably can't even hear himself speaking during the video.
Quote by mmolteratx
Minnesota? I'm road tripping up North next summer, I might have to go check it out. What's the name of the shop?
Solid Body Guitar. I'd imagine that it's the type of place that would be really hard to be able to try stuff without someone constantly looking down your neck.
Last edited by al112987 at Sep 16, 2009,
Sounds good. No doubt.

Best sounding ever? Not with that guy playing and not for me.
Honestly I'm not at all a fan of the Les Paul into a Marshall sound but for what it is it pulls off some nice sound out of anything.
I would hate to have that tone myself but I'm the kind of guy who likes the cleanest clean possible.
Quote by al112987

Solid Body Guitar. I'd imagine that it's the type of place that would be really hard to be able to try stuff without someone constantly looking down your neck.

I typically bring a thousand in cash with $100s and then a bunch of $1s underneath or a blank check just so the guys won't be like that. I'm also gonna try to stop by Ultra Sound Studios in NY to play some stuff there. That Blockhead clone sounds pretty damn close from the videos though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

Quote by Doodleface
It probably would sound better if the recording hadn't been put on YouTube.

Well....of course it would. I'm sure it sounded even better in person. Everyone likes to jump on the 'It's Youtube compression lolz it sukz' bandwagon but imagine what it would be like without it.

I mean, if you want to hear something outside of your normal world you have to take Youtube with a grain of salt. You have to hear past some of the crappiness and just take it in for what it is. I can still here music/tone nuances despite the compression and such.

Just sayin'