ok so i want to mod my gibson explorer pro, but what i want to do is put in a floyd rose and some black outs, but ill need to get some body work done to do that, it has mini humbuckers, i dont want to do it myself cause i dont want to mess is up, but does any one know how much it would cost to get it done? or atleast and estimate? and how much are a floyd rose with a locking trem system?
Divine creations now destroyed to uncover the haunted atmosphere
Strange visions of the ancient spirits, travesty of man appears
Coldness and the storming winds lurking for prey
The forces of the Winter reign in dreadful way, there's no escape
A few hundred dollars, plus the $230 for the FR itself
I play Lacrosse, you should too
Quote by reeses
heed this man's suggestion, for he is wise.

Aww shucks...

Quote by Tom 1.0
Oh and wait for the Schecter fan boys, if you listen real hard you can already hear them coming.
2k.

well if they have to rout, plus buy all the stuff, your gonna see some big $$$, not 2k, but lol maybe
Quote by Scowmoo

You deserved this, Matt.
most shops charge by the hour. if they don't, they are just overestimating and charging you by the hour, then collecting money for the time they didn't spend on it when they finish early. you have to trust a good luthier. unless your in hollywood then its just stupid money.
EAT YOUR GUITAR GEAR BLOG
Quote by BigDC
how difficult is it to build your own guitar?
Quote by Gibshall
It's hard, annoying, and makes you want to punch a baby.
You may not need to route the guitar out. Remember, If you remove a chunk of wood it's gonna kill your tone...
Get A Floyd Rose MADE for a Gibson.
You'll now find them in Ebay. It can be installed without routing the guitar AT ALL!!!
Just look up Gibson FLOYD ROSE and enjoy!
Quote by LuthierGuy5150
You may not need to route the guitar out. Remember, If you remove a chunk of wood it's gonna kill your tone...
Get A Floyd Rose MADE for a Gibson.
You'll now find them in Ebay. It can be installed without routing the guitar AT ALL!!!
Just look up Gibson FLOYD ROSE and enjoy!

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

lies.

That's why every guitar with a floyd sounds like crap, right?

yes, there are top-mounting floyds.

Are they necessarily better than licenced or originals? no.

TS, consider all your options. If it comes down to whether to route or not, don't be concerned about how much wood is lost attributing to a 'tone loss'. 'Tone' isn't something that can be added, but rather shaped on each guitar. 'Loss of tone' would be attributed to a poorly assembled guitar, or a poorly attached bridge, in this case.
------

Shwiggity.
To further the point of top-mount tremolos, the Stetsbar has some pretty decent reputation on here. They mount direct to the bushings from the TOM. Never tried one personally, but they seem pretty cool.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.