Yep, i know jazz isnt as fancy in effect and gear than some other styles, but it has captured my soul to the most depths of it @m@. Now im wondering, what are the effects and or items a jazz player has at hand whenever they can? Im pretty curious about that lol.

I mean, i love how my guitar sounds clean and all with just a teenie bit of dist. you cant even feel it since its mostly for volume @,@

Sooooo, drop in any comments...

Also, since im doing jazz/blues as the main part of my life, recomend a good or decent guitar for it (solid/semi-hollow body w/e as long as it works ^,^). Im into well, JAZZ, duh. That should explain what type of sound im after hehe.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Some reverb sounds great for jazz with a light chorus or phaser for some extra flavour.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
A TC Electronics SC/F is great for jazz IMO. As far as requirements, I would say a guitar that can get a nice mellow neck pup tone that isn't muddy if you're going dry or something a bit brighter if you use chorus, a nice smooth/articulate bridge pup, an amp that can do a nice slightly scooped mids clean tone with either a nice middy OD or a nice middy OD pedal, a few delays and that's about it. That's as much as I use, minus the chorus ATM.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Delay wouldn't sound right for most jazz IMO.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
Quote by Dr.Pain-MD
Delay wouldn't sound right for most jazz IMO.

I use it for a more reverb/chorus type sound. I rarely use a real echo sound except for leads. I also play mostly fusion and delay is definitely a big part of a good fusion sound IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I usually use reverb and chorus. I dunno what your budget is for a guitar, but Musicians Friend is having a sale on PRS SE models. The semi-hollows are great.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
I usually just use the neck pickup clean. A little reverb can be nice but I've always been a fan of a mellow, clean or ever-so-slightly overdriven sound with no effects for jazz. It gets hard for me to pay attention/hear chords and runs when there's modulation on the guitar beyond a subtle reverb or chorus for flavor.
I see guys, and, thanks a lot!!

I'll be sure to check that sell in MF, maybe i'll find something attractive for me =]

And on the effects, thanks a lot for the inputs guys, i have found somewhat what to do a bit. Even though that, i would greatly appreciate any other suggestion.

And on the guitars, my price range is about 500-700 USD, might increase on the laters but for now thats what im stocked at.

Off topic, is it just me or most of the UG'rs have a spinning avi??
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P
Chandler Tube Driver and Hermida Zendrive gives you real smooth overdriven tones. They require som skill to get the most out of though.
A nice, analouge delay to give solos a spacy feel.
Tremolo/Vibe pedal, on subtle setting.

Through a Fender Hot Rod amp. That's the secret to my jazz tone.
The type of guitar is less important. Strats, teles, PRS, hollow bodys... I use them all for jazz. I do prefer single coils for greater clarity, but that's up to you. Might want to use pretty heavy string gauge for that full, fat sound.
Silverface fender stuff is great for jazz, as it is a more sterile clean than its BF counterpart.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!