Page 2 of 19
You know you're addicted to gear when you buy pedals to make your guitar sound BAD.
Sig What?
... you consider a trade that will cost you out of pocket, when your original reason for selling was lack of funds.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You know you're addicted to gear when you've actually spent the last hour and a half watching an ebay listing which you're winning, even though you have a max bid set up... Only 10 minutes now!!

EDIT: Crap, I lost...
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Sep 17, 2009,
You know you're addicted to gear when ...

When buying new gear comes before actually learning how to play the gear your buying in the first place

When Guitar Center employees know you by name. You know you have an slight addiction. But when every guitar related store in a 50 mile radius knows you by name. Your a full blown junkie at this point

When you start trading none gear related items around the house for new gear.

When you contemplate becoming a one car family just so you can fund a Diezel Herbert
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 17, 2009,
When you buy and trade and flip so much, that you end up getting then getting rid of the same damn model of pedal over and over.

Then the 4th time it happens, you realize it's the exact same pedal that you started off with...
Quote by thrasher.
You know you are addicted to gear when you can't stop looking at Craigslist and MF, GC websites etc. everyday.

+1

Quote by IbanezPsycho

When you start trading none gear related items around the house for new gear.

Done that a few times myself
Last edited by eyebanez333 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by IbanezPsycho
When you contemplate becoming a one car family just so you can fund a Diezel Herbert

You know you're addicted to gear when your guitar teacher yells at you for buying expensive **** after only 7 months of playing.
Ibanez RG120
Schecter C-1 Classic
Bugera 6262 w/ Mesa Boogie Rectifier 4x12
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Boss DD-7
Boss MT-2 (Keeley modded)

GODDAMMIT I need a G Decimator...
You know you're addicted to gear when you care more about what you play through than how you play.
WTLTL 2011
You know when you're addicted to gear when you see the title of this thread and laugh at yourself.
Quote by Rutch
When you buy and trade and flip so much, that you end up getting then getting rid of the same damn model of pedal over and over.

Then the 4th time it happens, you realize it's the exact same pedal that you started off with...

No way. That's insane.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You know you are addicted to gear when you wake up in the hospital after a 6 month coma to find that all the owners of your local music stores and all the online vendors have sent personally signed get well soon cards to you at your hospital room.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You know you are addicted to gear when you wake up in the hospital after a 6 month coma to find that all the owners of your local music stores and all the online vendors have sent personally signed get well soon cards to you at your hospital room.

You were in a coma for six months? Did people take all your ****? That Seinfeld episode has me terrified.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
No way. That's insane.

Yup, it can surely happen, especially with low-run, serial #'d boo-teeky stuff.

I've had a love/hate relationship with Skreddys, and I am now reunited with my first screwdriver.

Le sigh... I think it's gonna get traded soon AGAIN, though. Just can't seem to get my head into it when I've got it, then I just keep thinking how good it sounds when I don't.

It's also a bad sign when you see other pedal geeks' boards and say "hey, I recognize that old tonebender/fuzzface/et al..."

...when you buy a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe ($500 new) and a Vox 2x12 AC30 ($750 new), even though you have an Orange Rockerverb 50 half-stack and another 1x12 AC30 back at home.
Quote by NeverMeant
Sometimes I feel like I won't care if my girlfriend dies because then I won't have to worry about her becoming pregnant.
You know you're addicted to gear when you wake up spooning your gear. I have a carpet covered x100b next to my bed give me a break.
^Note: Probably sarcastic
Gear
Schecter Blackjack C1-FR
Few Agile 8-strings
Ormsby Hypemachine 2014 otw!!

Carvin X-100B
axe-fx II

W.A musicians FTW
Quote by crisisinheaven
Deep*Kick. You have destroyed every concept of life I've ever had.
You know your an addicted when GG&A is your home page
Quote by Cachao

Johnbryant you are obviously a genius

My Gear
Custom USA Standard Telecaster
Peavey Triple XXX 212 Combo
Peavey MS412 Cab Celestion G12K-85's
POD 2.0 (the ultimate practice setup)
Guild DV6
Quote by Deep*Kick
You know you're addicted to gear when you wake up spooning your gear. I have a carpet covered x100b next to my bed give me a break.

x10

Wake up a little rough?

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
You know you're addicted to gear you gas for the same guitar you have, but only because they brought out a new finish or when you have more packs of guitar strings then packs of condoms
Current Rig:

Eppy SG w/Swineheads, Marshall DSL 5c, Joyo Vintage OD, Joyo British Sound, Sounds Sounds Fuzz Face, GGG Guv'nor, Dr. Boogie Pedal, Crybaby in Red Sparkle, Digitech Hardwire Delay

The things I would do for a Les Paul...
You know you're addicted to gear when you've called in sick to try out a new arrival at a guitar store (or amp you just got)

You know you're addicted to gear when you prefer amps to guitars.

You know you're addicted to gear when you skipped class, drove home from college over an hour away, to pick up your new guitar.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by classicrocker01
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had more guitars than girlfriends

you know you're addicted to gear when you care about your gear more than you care about your girlfriend

also, when you tell your girlfriend "tits or GTFO" because you're busy playing your new guitar
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Quote by Blompcube

also, when you tell your girlfriend "tits or GTFO" because you're busy playing your new guitar

I tell em that anyway.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by Blompcube
you know you're addicted to gear when you care about your gear more than you care about your girlfriend

I used to live across the street from my GF, many times she came over, knowing I was playing guitar, with the intention of distracting me out of playing. It never worked.

In my defense I was always pissed when I'd stop playing and call her and she'd be at work or something. Doh!

Edit: Also I bought her a guitar for her last birthday. A sweet ass Takemine Jasmine (which are GREAT for the money BTW.) She doesn't play so I told her she has 6 months to show interest or its mine... That date is coming quickly.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 17, 2009,
When your wife comes in your guitar room to ask you a question and you know shes there, your looking right at her and she knows you know shes there. And you see her lips moving but yet you just dont stop playing. And you only stop when you can hear her screaming at you over a 120 watt amp set at 4 to turn the sh!t off because she has to ask you something. So you stop playing only to listen to 3 words and start up again aaaaaaannnd the cycle continues until you get pisst off at her for rudely interupting you during your playing time during her talking time.
Last edited by IbanezPsycho at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by tubetime86
I used to live across the street from my GF, many times she came over, knowing I was playing guitar, with the intention of distracting me out of playing. It never worked.

In my defense I was always pissed when I'd stop playing and call her and she'd be at work or something. Doh!

Edit: Also I bought her a guitar for her last birthday. A sweet ass Takemine Jasmine (which are GREAT for the money BTW.) She doesn't play so I told her she has 6 months to show interest or its mine... That date is coming quickly.

Shnice
Quote by IbanezPsycho
When your wife comes in your guitar room to ask you a question and you know shes there, your looking right at her and she knows you know shes there. And you see her lips moving but yet you just dont stop playing. And you only stop when you can hear her screaming at you over a 120 watt amp set at 4 to turn the sh!t off because she has to ask you something. So you stop playing only to listen to 3 words and start up again aaaaaaannnd the cycle continues until you get pisst off at her for rudely interupting you during your playing time during her talking time.

Dammit wives never show teh boobies. Boobies would have handled that situation perfectly. Although, in those cases I usually end with a quick ditty about whatever is causing me to stop playing;

"Look at dem boobies, YEEEEAHHHHH!"
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
You know your addicted to gear when you see a thread and will read every single page of posts no matter how many.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
You know you are when....... I start lying to my GF, telling her im going to my brothers house only to really be going to answer a craigslist ad and buying another amp. Then sneaking it in at night when she's in bed. Then, she comes into the guitar room and asks what happened to the one that said Marshall on it? Is that another Mesa? HUH? You start to trip over your words when you realize she does pay attention and "bj week" turns into go F yourself month............
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by tubetime86
Dammit wives never show teh boobies. Boobies would have handled that situation perfectly. Although, in those cases I usually end with a quick ditty about whatever is causing me to stop playing;

"Look at dem boobies, YEEEEAHHHHH!"

Exactly!
Quote by occub
You know you are when....... I start lying to my GF, telling her im going to my brothers house only to really be going to answer a craigslist ad and buying another amp. Then sneaking it in at night when she's in bed. Then, she comes into the guitar room and asks what happened to the one that said Marshall on it? Is that another Mesa? HUH? You start to trip over your words when you realize she does pay attention and "bj week" turns into go F yourself month............

Haha 'bj week.' God I love/hate that week. Luckily my money has nothing to do with hers, but that is probably drawing to a close. But 'I can't afford to take you to dinner' doesn't work so well when you just dropped $1000 on an amp... I tried. Not to mention my other *mmhmm* not-so supported purchases.

IP - I've had this argument with my gf a few times...

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"

"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"

"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."

"Boobies always matter, always."
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Last edited by tubetime86 at Sep 17, 2009,
Quote by pokeatthedevil
.... Or when you're borderline A's instead of indefinitely all A's in school because you are spending time on GG&A.

i have all A's except in English
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by tubetime86
Haha 'bj week.' God I love/hate that week. Luckily my money has nothing to do with hers, but that is probably drawing to a close. But 'I can't afford to take you to dinner' doesn't work so well when you just dropped $1000 on an amp... I tried. Not to mention my other *mmhmm* not-so supported purchases.

IP - I've had this argument with my gf a few times...

"I tried to talk to you and you just kept playing"

"Well why didn't you pull out your boobies?"

"You were busy, I didn't think that would matter."

"Boobies always matter, always."

+1

I have had the same talks over the last 12 years lol. But yet they just dont get it. I guess its because when we try to get there attention by doing something similiar they get all WTF are you doing...
Quote by tubetime86
Haha 'bj week.' God I love/hate that week. Luckily my money has nothing to do with hers, but that is probably drawing to a close.

Well I blew a Palm Springs weekend on an amp before so that put me on her watch list, I joked that "I have to do this now before im married cause we know what happens then" That didnt go to well either, im such a dick.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Quote by occub
Well I blew a Palm Springs weekend on an amp before so that put me on her watch list, I joked that "I have to do this now before im married cause we know what happens then" That didnt go to well either, im such a dick.

Dont worry after your married you just move on to excuse number 2. But baby I have to get all of this out of the way before we have kids.
Quote by IbanezPsycho
+1

I have had the same talks over the last 12 years lol. But yet they just dont get it. I guess its because when we try to get there attention by doing something similiar they get all WTF are you doing...

I dunno, the helicopter always works for me.

(I can't believe I just typed that.)
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by IbanezPsycho
Dont worry after your married you just move on to excuse number 2. But baby I have to get all of this out of the way before we have kids.

Already have a 10 year old, so thats out...

Quote by tubetime86

LMFAO, awesome.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Quote by tubetime86

im 12 what is this?
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me