Page 5 of 19
Quote by gregs1020
when you realize that one amp doesn't get mad at you if you play with another one for a while.

or yell if you stumble in a little tipsy...

or if you tell your friends how great this other amp is...

because it loves you...

I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
When you can tell the make and model of any pedal from any angle...

Or have seen every single page of the HCFX pedalboard thread.
Dot>Jekyll & Hyde>Turbo Tuner>DD-3>DD-7>DRRI
Last edited by Akridosity at Sep 20, 2009,
Quote by Blompcube

it was an epiphany for me.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Thanks riffhog for posting and joining my new group.

I'm like you, I saved and saved for an amp that I thought would cure all my amp GAS and I still want a Night Train, and Vypyr, and HT-5, and a Blackheart LG, and a Windsor etc. That's a problem that no 12 step program is going to fix

You know you are addicted to gear when you let subscriptions to Penthouse and Playboy slip but there is no way your subscription to Guitar World gets missed. Additionally, you pick up Guitar Player magazine. lol.

PS: And yes, I enjoy the GC mailers too!
You know you're addicted to gear when you have a new amp every two months.
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by cal1
You know you're addicted to gear when you use the money for your girlfriend's anniversary present to buy new hardware.

i bought chocolates for ours, but then spent 4 or 5 times what i spent on those on a new ABS/metal pedalcase for my stuff.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by gregs1020
it was an epiphany for me.

you know your hooked on gear when you use words like epiphany because you thought you heard 'valve junior' come after it once

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

You know you're addicted to gear when you sit and write down all the things you want and their prices on a notepad and 15 min later tear it out and start over because you know you'll never have the money.

I do this probably twice a day
Quote by gregs1020
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Last edited by Bostonrocks at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by Bostonrocks
You know you're addicted to gear when you sit and write down all the things you want and their prices on a notepad and 15 min later tear it out and start over because you know you'll never have the money.

I've done that a lot. I'll also add to that by confirming that I currently have a MS NotePad file saved on my desktop which is titled "Gear that I Need".
-----------------------------------------------------------

Dr. Z Stangray
G&L ASAT Classic (Ron Kirn Custom T-Style coming soon! ronkirn.com)
Keeley 4 Knob Compressor
Taylor 314ce
^^ Same.
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
i think I have all of you guys beat: my college application essay is about my addiction to guitar gear.
i am willing to post it if anyone wants to see it, but im not going to post it unless someone else wants to see it
so u can just take my word for it
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Studio 60's Tribute
SX stratocaster
MIA Fender Stratocaster
Vox AD50 Vox AC15C1 Vox AC30CC2X Laney LH50r
Guitar>Joe Bonamossa Crybaby > AquaPuss> Sparkle Drive> Green Rhino> DejaVibe> Amplifier
CROWN VIC
Quote by Bostonrocks
^^ Same.

Yup, been there more then once... Also when you circle items in catalogs. But you take it a step farther and create a color key to sort out when and what your likely hood of actually affording them will be. And the off chance you need to show the wife what you want for christmas or your birthday.
I've totally done the color key thing

Saturated Fat

lemme see it!!!
Quote by gregs1020

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
The end of an era
When you open up your computer and go to GG&A first even though you know your professor sent you an urgent email.

When you shed a single tear upon learning that the pedal you wanted has just been discontinued and all you can think about is how much it will be on ebay in a few months.
Squier VM Jazzmaster
Superfuzz/ RAT/ OCD /DE7/ Spring Chicken/ DL-4
Vox AC15C1/ Ampeg Jet 12T/ Guitar Rig
If you tell your parents that the only thing you want this year for Chanukah, your birthday and any other gift giving holidays during the year is a Fender Deluxe VM 40 Watt Tube Combo and mean it in a literal sense, you're addicted. Doubly so if you left GC pamphlets out all around the house with it turned to the page it's on and circled.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Fender-Deluxe-VM-40W-1x12-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105176432-i1440798.gc

I just finished setting them in my and my grandparents house.
Last edited by phlip999 at Sep 21, 2009,
Quote by Saturated Fat
i think I have all of you guys beat: my college application essay is about my addiction to guitar gear.
i am willing to post it if anyone wants to see it, but im not going to post it unless someone else wants to see it
so u can just take my word for it

Maybe join Amplifiers Anonymous (in sig) and post it there - especially if it is an in-depth psychological analysis. Maybe it can help others
When you have all the air conditioning ducts in your house closed except the ones that go to your gear room and you still can't cool it down.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
you know your addicted to gear when you continue buying gear instead of worrying about eating during the semester.

I hear that.

I'm hungry....

Quote by Bostonrocks

Srsly?

My list just gets bigger.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Sep 22, 2009,
You know you're addicted to gear when you end up buying more than you wanted to at a guitar store.

I just went in to get a couple picks, and I bought a new guitar strap that I have no use for.
you know your addicted to gear when you go to hollywood, fully planning on buying nothing, and end up borrowing 200$ from your friend to buy a vh140
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Holy-Diver
you know you're addicted to gear when you go to hollywood, fully planning on buying nothing, and end up borrowing 200$ from your friend to buy a vh140

... Best trip to hollywood ever, eh?

You know you are addicted to gear when you use Musician's Friend as your main online source of entertainment.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
yes i focking love the vh140
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
You know you are addicted to gear when your wife asks what your plans are for the evening and you say 'I'm going to play with my new muff' and forget to translate into 'Honey, I'm going to check out that new Electro Harmonix guitar pedal that I bought today'.

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You know you are addicted to gear when your wife asks what your plans are for the evening and you say 'I'm going to play with my new muff' and forget to translate into 'Honey, I'm going to check out that new Electro Harmonix guitar pedal that I bought today'.

You just bought a Orange Rockerverb but are listening to JVM clips online...
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
you know you're addicted to gear when you still want a fulltone disto pro and a Box of Rock to use in conjunction with your crunch box to get a wide array of distortion tones. and that isnt including fuzzes, OD's, and boosts....

addendum: when you have two lab reports (p chem and forensic chem) due in the next two days, p chem homework due in 6 hours that isnt finished yet, and need to start doing physics II homework, and yet, are still more apt to check on GG&A for any NPD threads.
Last edited by Skierinanutshel at Sep 23, 2009,
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
You know you are addicted to gear when you bump your thread about being addicted to gear.

You know when you're addicted to gear when put another to re-bump an already bumped thread on gear addiction because it's funny.

This is going to keep going on and on. Mirrors!!!
Quote by AngryGoldfish
You know when you're addicted to gear when put another to re-bump an already bumped thread on gear addiction because it's funny.

This is going to keep going on and on. Mirrors!!!

You know your addicted to gear when you fire up your laptop for a specific purpose, then zone out when it loads and somehow end up browsing UG.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!
Quote by tubetime86
You know your addicted to gear when you fire up your laptop for a specific purpose, then zone out when it loads and somehow end up browsing UG.

And then completely forget what you originally intended to do.
Quote by XxLloydxX
You know you're addicted to gear when you laugh out loud at yourself for more than 80% of these.

This sig is colored just to annoy the UG classic users.

Trying to think of witty things to put in my sig. Message if you have ideas.
You know you're addicted to gear when you've had the Proguitarshop intro music stuck in your head all day...
Quote by XxLloydxX
You know you're addicted to gear when you find a tone you like and then pick it apart and try justify new gear to make it better. Not 20 sec's ago I was just planning a complete overhaul, amp guitar pedals all (nearly all) going to make room for something different.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

When You just can't pass up a Deal.......Even though you need it