So I bought a new DD-7..Just waiting for it to arrive..And I have a few questions..What does an expression pedal actually do for an effect pedal like this?Like do you need it to switch delay modes so you don`t have to reach with your hands all the way down? And is the stereo mode really that better?
And an expression pedal is basically the same as a normal footswitch, then why is it called an expression pedal?=P
For my gear look bellow=)
Thx!=D
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
an expression pedal is any wah or whammy effect with a treadle that you rock to alter the sound and "express" yourself like a singer i suppose. it is not a footswitch at all. a foot switch is just a button to change presets.
Oh thx for clearing that out=)
But does it have to be the same brand to use it with another pedal?
Like for this pedal they say the expression pedal is sold separately=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
no it doesn't. in fact i think you could probably use your wah for it. i think it would control the thickness of the delay or something like that. i had a multi-fx pedal, but it could only take a volume pedal for expression.
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD M-200FM w/Tone Zone + PAF Pro
Ibanez RG7321
Digitech Whammy IV
Digitech GSP1101
Furman M-10 LxE
Peavey 6505
ISP Decimator
Quote by sammo_boi
no it doesn't. in fact i think you could probably use your wah for it. i think it would control the thickness of the delay or something like that. i had a multi-fx pedal, but it could only take a volume pedal for expression.

Oh oky..thx for everything=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Thx a lot...I though it was kinda weird, that`s why I didn`t bother asking more questions..The DD-7 has this kind of input it says temp/exp..=)
How much do they go for anyway?=)
Do you have any specific model you would recommend?
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Thx a lot! I will sürch the internetz a bit=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
I found one from the same site I ordered the boss delay pedal from..lol the only site from our country that has it I think xD
I should`ve asked earlier for this, so I would order them both at the same time=P

http://www.musicmax.si/proizvodi/stikala-pedala-za-klaviature/boss-pedalo-ev5/7396/

You meant this one right?
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Last edited by Rokkec at Sep 17, 2009,
Thx a lot!=) Cheers!
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
Well yeah, I`m in a band and we play seriously, creating our songs and stuff..and I Lovee delay..I`ve been loving it even before I actually picked up my first guitar a couple of years ago=)
And I like guitarists such as Johnny Greenwood and love Matthew Bellamy..in a non gay/purely musical/awe inspirational sense=)
Gear:

Ibanez JS 1000
Ibanez RGA42BK
Ibanez GRG 170 DX

BOSS DD7 Delay
Ibanez DS 7 Distortion
Dunlop Jimy Hendrix Wah

ENGL Fireball
Framus Cobra cab
Roland Cube 30
I don't mean delay, I mean the expression pedal. Look up the official Boss demo of the DD7 on youtube, I think they use an expression pedal there. You can see what they use it for (changing delay time) for some very post-rock, psychedelic effects. It's not really usable in 'normal' music.
If you play metal or rock or something that's not psychedelic or post-rock you'd better just buy a tap tempo switch or use the tap tempo feature on the pedal itself.

IMO, the expression pedal is useless with common music styles. Just saying it, not saying you can't buy an expression pedal.

EDIT: something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xw_AsN4pBI
Last edited by WtrPlyr at Sep 17, 2009,