Hey Guys
Well, within the next few weeks/months maybe I'll be selling my guitar to a mate and upgrading. These are the ones I've looked at:
ESP Ec-256
Ibanez RGr421exfm
Ibanez S320
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Sas32ex
I want something that will be good for a pup change in the future too. I play mainly metal, but a decent neck pick up for cleans is a must. Do you guys have any input on those guitars, or recommend any others?

Thanks
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
whats the ec 256 ive never heard of it before?
My Gear
Guitars
Esp Ltd EC100QM
Esp Ltd EC1000 Deluxe

Amps
Randall RG100G3
Randall 2x12 Extension Cab

Effects
Zoom 9.2tt
ibanez rgr421exfm get it!!!! i'm putting evos in mine add me as a friend and when i put em in ill show you.

EDIT: i forgot to say how nice this gutiar already is you wil probably get it in the purple finish which you make like (but i loooove the red finish) and it will probably have v7 and v8 pickups and a five way switch . whilst mine which is an ealirer model has a 3 way switch and designed by emg pickups
Last edited by iamawsomeguitar at Sep 17, 2009,
That was kinda the one I'm leaning towards. And I'd really appreciate if you did that, thanks

I think if I order it, it'll be in purple, but the one in the local shop is the red with 5 way switch and v7/v8 pups.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

RGR421EXFM if you want a fixed bridge and S320 if you want a trem.

My RGR421EXFM is awesome, I love it, extremely good value for money. One of my m8's tried it through his bugera 6260 with orange 412 cab at a jam when I first got it and to quote him: "so you payed like what, 1.5? 2k for this?". He couldn't believe it was actually only $500AUD brand new.

I've tried the S320 and was damn impressed with it, loved the comfort, sound, and the trem was pretty nice. The whole zero point Ibanez trem system is a definite plus, would benefit from a pup change though.

EDIT: btw, my RGR421EXFM is a red version with Ibanez V7 & V8 pups stock.

EDIT2: Actually, if you only plan on using a trem sparingly, go the SAS32EX. That thing looks sweet, no personal experience with them on my part though.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Last edited by James13v at Sep 17, 2009,
GO SECOND HAND!!!!
For $1000 your going to get something quite nice, I doubt you'll still be proud of it in 3 years time though. There is some damn nice stuff within your price range out there man. Go check out Bmusic, melband, perthbands and western front. There's quite a few LTD 400 series and Ibanez prestige guitars under the $1000 mark on the second hand market. I got my Ibanez for $630 and it destroys the **** out of 95% of the Ibanez guitars made in the last 10 years. I got my LTD for roughly $500 and that sounds great! Feels nice and looks beaut to! Oh and it comes with nice pups and tuners stock

I'm telling ya mate if you don't go second hand you'll look back on this in a few years and just shake your head.
Gear:
Orange tiny terror
ENGL 2x12 cab
PRS Singlecut
MXR GT OD
If Ibanez made an S with a fixed bridge, Id go for it, but otherwise the RG421 is a nice guitar.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Quote by howey
GO SECOND HAND!!!!
For $1000 your going to get something quite nice, I doubt you'll still be proud of it in 3 years time though. There is some damn nice stuff within your price range out there man. Go check out Bmusic, melband, perthbands and western front. There's quite a few LTD 400 series and Ibanez prestige guitars under the $1000 mark on the second hand market. I got my Ibanez for $630 and it destroys the **** out of 95% of the Ibanez guitars made in the last 10 years. I got my LTD for roughly $500 and that sounds great! Feels nice and looks beaut to! Oh and it comes with nice pups and tuners stock

I'm telling ya mate if you don't go second hand you'll look back on this in a few years and just shake your head.

Actually +1 to this. I should look second hand for guitars more myself, you can definitely pick up some nice stuff for great prices second hand, far nicer than you can get new a lot of the time.
Jackson DK2M
Washburn WD-18SW
Ibanez RGR421EXFM
Genz Benz El Diablo 100w -> Framus Dragon 412
Boss GE-7
Ibanez TS-9
Have you thought about buying from the US? The dollar is fairly high right now, $1 AUD = 87 US cents, and its rising very fast! As long as the guitar you are buying is lower than $1000AUD you don't have to pay import taxes.

Eg. If you wanted to buy the ibanez s320 ($500 US), assuming shipping is around $100US you could get it from the US for under $700 AUD.

You could buy a guitar thats up to $870 US, pay about $100US for shipping, and overall cost you $1110 AUD.

Even look for second hand guitars on ebay US, that would get you the most bang for your buck. Keep in mind the aus dollar is rising still, so It might be a good idea to wait a bit to see how high it gets.

EDIT: My brother bought a schecter from the US for $1100 all up. It would have cost him $1850 to buy it in an aus store.
Last edited by robert_says at Sep 17, 2009,
^Yeah thats a great idea, thanks. And I'll definately ceck out the used markets.
Anymore input?
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik

I wouldn't go with an SA guitar because the bridge is a bit annoying. If you want a floating bridge get the S320. Get the RGR421exfm if you prefer having a fixed bridge. I'd go with the latter because it's easier to set up, and because I like to change tunings from time to time and don't use whammy bars that much.
Quote by splamron
^Yeah thats a great idea, thanks. And I'll definately ceck out the used markets.
Anymore input?

the problem is youve gotta wait like a month or two, and risk shipping damage
Quote by splamron
Hey Guys
Well, within the next few weeks/months maybe I'll be selling my guitar to a mate and upgrading. These are the ones I've looked at:
ESP Ec-256
Ibanez RGr421exfm
Ibanez S320
Ibanez Rg350dx
Ibanez Sas32ex
I want something that will be good for a pup change in the future too. I play mainly metal, but a decent neck pick up for cleans is a must. Do you guys have any input on those guitars, or recommend any others?

Thanks

I would definately look at Jackson RR3 or DKMG

They might be a tiny bit more...not 100% sure but no more then like $100-$200 if you can get it in a sale

Otherwise there like $500-$800 used
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Im selling my schecter hellraiser FR for $800 and im in perth PM me if interested. =P
Quote by Mad Marius
DBZ guitars, love'em. Especially their Les Piccolo model.