Hi guys,

Could anyone recommend me some really easy slap bass songs to learn. I can play 'Fly away' by Lenny Kravitz and that's pretty much it at the moment

I've tried Higher Ground but I'm having some trouble with the speed, so any songs between those difficulties would be great!

Ta for any help.
TRANSFORMICE

...Practice Higher Ground more.

Learning something easier won't get you better.
Quote by Oujou

This. Slow it down and build it up.
Quote by Oujou

nothing wrong with working up to something
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Quote by Oujou

I just want to get confident at slap bassing by doing a few easier songs, instead of trying to learn Higher Ground and failing.

I'm gonna try Take the power back, and I'll have a lil peek at Can't stop even though there's a mixed opinion on that.
TRANSFORMICE

first thing I learned was buzzards of green hill, **** I love that song
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Try "Naked in the Rain" by the RHCP.

Stay away from Mother's Milk for now!

Practice and a lot and THEN play "nobody Weird like me!" and STONE COLD BUSH!
undisclosed desires - muse
not too hard at all.
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
you could always just make up your own slap riffs, the octave of whatever note you play never sounds bad...am i making sense?
Quote by Hammerzeit
This. Slow it down and build it up.

In regards to "Higher Ground" this is so true. If you can somehow get a slower drum track to practice this with, it's great. "Higher Ground" is definitely worth working on.

But if you want something really easy, slapping "Brick House" by The Commodores is unbelievably easy. It's not challenging and a bit cliche, but it's something to do if you want an easy song :/
I've got a pretty cool slap riff that I made up one day that every who's heard it has been impressed by; give me a bit to tab it out, it's pretty easy, and will definitely get your confidence up, not to mention it's pretty fun to play.

Edit: Here ya go; I tabbed it out wrong as far as the measures; the first note of every other measure should actually be in the measure before it, seeing as the main parts straight eight notes, and then you hold the last note of ever other measure an extra 8th longer than notated...... whatever, you'll figure it our. All the fretted notes are heavily accented, and there aren't any 1's or 2's in this; those are 12's. If you like it, I can tab out the rest of it for ya. Give it a try.

G|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|
D|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|5---3-----------|
A|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|----------------|--------5---3---|
E|12-0-0-0-3-0-0--|5-0-0-3-0-5---/-|12-0-0-0-3-0-0--|5-0-0-3-0-5---/-|12-0-0-0-3-0-0--|5-0-0-3-0-5---/-|12-0-0-0-3-0-0--|---------------/|
--S--S-S-S-S-S-S---S-S-S-S-S-S------S--S-S-S-S-S-S---S-S-S-S-S-S------S--S-S-S-S-S-S---S-S-S-S-S-S------S--S-S-S-S-S-S---P---P---P---P----
Last edited by herby190 at Sep 18, 2009,
Get a metronome and slowly build up speed for Higher ground, or the love roller coaster (rhcp) verse riff is pretty easy
Originally Posted by smb
I'm an arrogant bastard - I thought I was good before I'd plucked a note. I was right, of course.

Quote by MetalBass 77
sonsie knows all
When i first started playing bass guitar I learnt to slap from stray cat strut and found that it was fairly easy.
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
Storm in a Teacup by The Red Hot Chili Peppers is also easy.
But Higher Ground was my first slap song so...
Primus has a few songs that are pretty easy (most are hard though)

Duchess And The Proverbial Mind Spread is an easy song
That new Muse song called Undisclosed Desires has some easy slap in the chorus.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
UG's professional coffee nerd
also UG's musical theatre nerd
roscoe's wetsuit
wow you guys all started on higher ground? Took me awhile to actually get that down. I think trying Can't stop without muted notes is much easier O_o
The first slap song I tried was Naked In The Rain, although I never went on with it and now I can barely slap
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115