Ground lift breaks the earth wire connection.

http://www.audiomasterclass.com/arc.cfm?a=ground-lift-what-is-it-what-do-you-do-with-it-what-do-you-do-if-you-havent-got-it

It may be a bit of a read, but it explains exactly.

As for frequency notch, the manual states "Active -10dB notch at frequencies from 50Hz to 1kHz and is approximately 250Hz at the 12 o' clock position" A notch filter allows through all frequencies unchanged except the specified frequency, in which case will be dropped by 10dB. It helps eliminate unwanted feedback or resonance, and you may need to set it differently in different venues.
Quote by creepingjesus73
Just remember not to use the ground lift unless you definitely have a loop. You need at least one direct earth line in your rig. Your earth line could save your life someday.

+1

This is very true.
I have a equation about switches on my amp to... On the back of my amp there's this three-way switch labeled "+", "o", and "-". What does it do?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by biga29
I have a equation about switches on my amp to... On the back of my amp there's this three-way switch labeled "+", "o", and "-". What does it do?

I had one of these on my Peavey Bandit, and I never knew what it did either, I always left it on "O"

Quote by creepingjesus73
Just remember not to use the ground lift unless you definitely have a loop. You need at least one direct earth line in your rig. Your earth line could save your life someday.

So do I leave it in the up or down position then? There is no on/off markings, it just says ground lift.
Quote by blackjack68
So do I leave it in the up or down position then? There is no on/off markings, it just says ground lift.
You only use ground lift where you are using more than one pice of gear that is linked.
Lifting the ground is only needed if there is hum, keep at least one piece of gear earthed/grounded as the screened connecting cables provides earthing/grounding for all the equipment.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn