Alright i'm looking for mini amps so that a can begin learning to play. Anyone recommend any mini amps or any sites that sell mini amps. I've been to a couple sites but they all seem to only do one mini amp in particular.

Thanks a lot

swood91

p.s. i need UK sites

EDIT: Thanks for the responses so far
I going to start playing rock and metal songs. My budget is from 0 - £50 but really i'm looking for one as cheap as possible just to begin learning, then once i become good i'll by a normal amp
Last edited by swood91 at Sep 17, 2009,
What genres do you play? BUdget? If I had my time back I would have bought a couple of vox amplugs (Headphone amp), instead of a starter amp. They are only 50 bucks each and you only need a cheal pair of headphones like 20 bucks.
Agile AL3000
Douglas WRL90
SX SR1 STD Plus
J&D Strat
Squier Tele
Sammick TR2
Douglas Draco
Peavey JSX
Bugera V5
TWANGED VJ
To add on what JP4L said. Amplugs are about £29.99 - £34.99 each, come in Classic, Rock and Metal. The Classic does a pretty good transistorised AC30 sound, Rock has a little more poke to it, and Metal explains itself. They're pretty good and you can use iPod headphones in them if you're that way inclined.

*EDIT* The AC30 sounds like an AC30, surprisingly enough. Classic Rock (actually one unit) has more poke, Metal does.....metal. There's also the self explanitory Bass and Lead units.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
Last edited by DrFuzz at Sep 17, 2009,
I wouldn't even think about getting anything with a speaker in it below £50. The Marshall mini-stacks (MS2 and MS4) are good for electric guitar camp-fire singalongs and using as a more aesthetically pleasing MP3 speaker, that's it. Mine has an Action Man playing a cardboard Telecaster stood in front of it. Fender also do mini-amps like this, which sound marginally better, but seem more suited to an ornament on a musically-minded businessmans desk.

Using some sort of headphone amp would be the best choice for now because if you plan on playing with distortion then you can easily drown out the natural sound of the strings without coating it in a slurry of sonic ****.
Fender MIM Telecaster (w/SD Little '59)
Boss DS-1
Electro-Harmonix Little Big Muff
Digitech EX-7
Marshall Echohead
Fender Pro Junior
Quote by DrFuzz
I wouldn't even think about getting anything with a speaker in it below £50. The Marshall mini-stacks (MS2 and MS4) are good for electric guitar camp-fire singalongs and using as a more aesthetically pleasing MP3 speaker, that's it. Mine has an Action Man playing a cardboard Telecaster stood in front of it. Fender also do mini-amps like this, which sound marginally better, but seem more suited to an ornament on a musically-minded businessmans desk.

Using some sort of headphone amp would be the best choice for now because if you plan on playing with distortion then you can easily drown out the natural sound of the strings without coating it in a slurry of sonic ****.

The only two words i got from that post were action man. I'm a complete n00b at this so i have no idea what your recommending me lol
Sorry, but could you perhaps post a link to a UK site
Thanks
Read: "they're rubbish"
I might be selling a 10watt marshall soonish. They're not particularly good amps, but it does it's job. If you're interested send me a PM
I've heard that the Orange Crush mini is a good mini-amp... has anyone heard of those yet? or even used one? My friend was recommending this amp and says that it's real good but he like that Brit Rock sound. I'm more into playing blues, jazz, and occasionally classic rock. Can someone help me out here?
Quote by doza808
I've heard that the Orange Crush mini is a good mini-amp... has anyone heard of those yet? or even used one? My friend was recommending this amp and says that it's real good but he like that Brit Rock sound. I'm more into playing blues, jazz, and occasionally classic rock. Can someone help me out here?

Decent amp, my friend has one, I like it.
Very good choice.
Wait.

Roger Waters - 12th May!
Quote by LezPaulEpiphone
Decent amp, my friend has one, I like it.
Very good choice.

so would i be able to get that blues tone on it? i like that muffled "john mayer" sound at times and at other times i enjoy playing that rugged super in-your-face "SRV" styles.