In the song - Say it to me now by Glen Hansard. He screams/sings/shouts/growls during the song, how can I scream/sing/shout/growl like that?

Also, is he screaming/singing/shouting/growling?
screaming/singing/shouting/growling lol.

Mate, just go to google and type in how to growl. also there couple of video's on youtube.
Quote by ibrahimasood

first thing i saw was someone talking about inhaling. if this guy is suggesting inhaling then don't listen to him.

btw, theres actually a audio tutorial on my profile, entitled "how to scream" if you wanna check that out.
Oh yeah don't inhale. Especially if you're gonna be in a band. You're voice will take a **** and you wont' be able to sing anymore and you'll probably have to quit your band
Quote by whatanoob
In the song - Say it to me now by Glen Hansard. He screams/sings/shouts/growls during the song, how can I scream/sing/shout/growl like that?

Also, is he screaming/singing/shouting/growling?

Well, at the start you will probaly be dissapointed that you wont the growls(Exhale dude, inhale are not good for you throat and sucks!). Like i have done this for 3 years now, and the first year i couldnt make it all. But then i kept practizing each day (For example while singing in the shower lol) and i saw a obvious progress.

And due to lots of practise i can now to High Pitch Vocals and Deep Gutteral Growls like George Fisher from Cannibal Corpse

However my tip is that you should learn to use your "dump" (the stomach..ish..), use that to give your voice the power to succeed the task. And always remember not to push it, but let the air float out of your throat while you (for example) make a O-shape with your mouth. Hopefully then you will get something that sounds similar to growling.

Again, this is how i did it (i also Followed "The Zen of Screaming"-Melissa Cross by taking her advices on warming up the voice/vocal exersizes)

Good luck!
Did any of you bother to listen to the song he's talking about? It's not even remotely metal.

TS, he's just really pushing his voice and adding a bit of grit to convey emotion.

Great song, and Once is an incredible movie, by the way.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.